Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 37 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Snuffnwhiskey......... where'd you get that power control panel from?

also: i need to get out the repair manual to figure out how to delete that "low" switch......i know some guys use it, but even when rock crawling i haven't used that thing since the break in period.

·
Registered
674 Posts

also: i need to get out the repair manual to figure out how to delete that "low" switch......i know some guys use it, but even when rock crawling i haven't used that thing since the break in period.
It's a SwitchPro. Pretty sure u can just unplug the low switch and it stays in high mode.

·
Registered
573 Posts

I just pulled mine out of the dash and zip tied it the bar behind the dash. I can reach it if needed but I never used it either.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,071 Posts
I’ve tried Low 4-5 times across months of reading about it and hated it. I’m glad it doesn’t activate unless you’re stopped or I’d have eliminated mine. Only reason I haven’t is I don’t need that location for another switch yet. Pure East Coast riding with zero rock climbing.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
788 Posts
Things have moved around a bit, this is my final setup. 1x2' piece of 1/8" ABS plastic on the underside of the roof. Headset wiring goes back under it and cables drop down B pillars behind the seats. Had the tablet on the front roll bar until I found a very good anti glare screen safer, now it is on the center stack(uses GAIA GPS app). Sissy bar has a PTT button for shotgun seat. I use the PTT on the 364 intercom. Samsung tablet is blue toothed to the 364 for music and nav into. Intercom power is on a center stack switch that allows keyed or straight battery power. So getting ready for a ride, coms can be checked up before starting the engine.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Getting excited to install my new radio set up and doing some late homework. I got roll bar mount and looking at what's available. BTW a lot of great info and install ideas from you guys! Anyone try this?

That looks like a nice and very clean install idea! Wondering how to deal with dust accumulated over time though. I did an overhead install on my son's Pioneer with the radios just exposed hanging and stacked and they really accumulate a lot of dirt in a short while. An occasional cleaning with compressed air deals with his set up. I could see cooling issues over time if interior build ups were allowed with the Super ATV option. I do like it though.

·
Registered
776 Posts

Ordered this setup, I have the Kawasaki mirror and premium roof. I have to hold it up there and see where it goes. I got some great suggestions and many examples to follow. Thanks for everyone's contributions!

·
Registered
870 Posts

Ordered this setup, I have the Kawasaki mirror and premium roof. I have to hold it up there and see where it goes. I got some great suggestions and many examples to follow. Thanks for everyone's contributions!
That is looking to be a clean install! Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
788 Posts
Rugged Radio has a good deal going right now. This is the intercom I have and like.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If anyone is interested in a cage bar mount install, I put this together for a Pioneer I did a few weeks ago. Uses a cheap light mounting bracket I got from Amazon. Headset jacks run around to the back bar Should work fine for a KRX. It's rock solid and the end user is super happy with it. View attachment 5412 .
View attachment 5413
I'm waiting for my radio to get programmed and starting the eye ball it process.....I like Remote 8's install idea, high and tight. The PCI bar clamp puts inter comm to close to the windshield. Keep tuned in...see how it ends up

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm waiting for my radio to get programmed and starting the eye ball it process.....I like Remote 8's install idea, high and tight. The PCI bar clamp puts inter comm to close to the windshield. Keep tuned in...see how it ends up
The only issue with high mounting (at least with Rugged Radio wire architecture) is you do get a lot of wire traffic on the upper,part of the cage. POWER SUPPLY(X2, BUT I JUST TWIN THEM WITH NO ISSUES), INTERCOM TO HEADSET PAIR, RADIO TALK BUTTON PAIR, +COAX= 6 WIRES TO ROUTE AND DEAL WITH. If it is done in sleeves and secured it blends in OK. Up high definitely has merits. Dealing with Rugged precut cables does require some planning in advance as far as getting the lengths right.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
788 Posts
The only issue with high mounting (at least with Rugged Radio wire architecture) is you do get a lot of wire traffic on the upper,part of the cage. POWER SUPPLY(X2, BUT I JUST TWIN THEM WITH NO ISSUES), INTERCOM TO HEADSET PAIR, RADIO TALK BUTTON PAIR, +COAX= 6 WIRES TO ROUTE AND DEAL WITH. If it is done in sleeves and secured it blends in OK. Up high definitely has merits. Dealing with Rugged precut cables does require some planning in advance as far as getting the lengths right.
My headset cables travel aft from the intercom above the panel I installed on the under side of the roof and come down the B-pillars, so the headset cable do not create a tangle issue in front of driver and passenger. Intercom has 12V power along with radio interface coming up the passenger A-pillar along with the passenger PTT(I use the intercoms PTT) and a USB C that was for the tablet when was up there. When I moved the tablet back down I left the USB C cable there as I have a cellphone mount available up there and the cell phone has GAIA GPS app loaded as a backup for the tablet.

·
Registered
776 Posts
PCI claim any water-resistance? Would hate to remove for pressure washing. I had to do that in my RZR with off-brand clone radio. I know some Rugged kits have a faceplate cover for cleaning or when it rains.
I doubt it is much if any, rear of radio is open sockets....any have waterproof connections? I'm going to extend the radio and intercom out from the windshield using common light bar mounts, as high as it is wouldn't have to hit it hard with PW. I was thinking of putting a Plastic bag over when washing.

I think I will connect the radio and comm with their clamp system and connect that braket to the light bar clamps. I will probably source a 12" long round tube 1.5 did to place in the radio clamps to clean the look up.

21 - 37 of 54 Posts