Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure what to do with all the neighbors that have discovered i can work on atv’s. My back is very bad but could use a few bucks now and then. Have one quad motor and front drive shaft to replace waiting on parts. A KTM 85 that i need to pull motor out and rebuild. Then same neighbor has another quad not charging battery. More neighbors wanting me to fix their atv’s and utv’s. I may have bit off more than i can chew, better wait to see neurosurgeon next visit to see what fixes they have for me before committing to a shop full all the time. I will do my best for all the ranchers around us though.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
Not sure what to do with all the neighbors that have discovered i can work on atv’s. My back is very bad but could use a few bucks now and then. Have one quad motor and front drive shaft to replace waiting on parts. A KTM 85 that i need to pull motor out and rebuild. Then same neighbor has another quad not charging battery. More neighbors wanting me to fix their atv’s and utv’s. I may have bit off more than i can chew, better wait to see neurosurgeon next visit to see what fixes they have for me before committing to a shop full all the time. I will do my best for all the ranchers around us though. View attachment 11039 View attachment 11038 View attachment 11040 View attachment 11041
You need to do what I do and just say NO!

Reactions: Gibbster and BobX2

·
Registered
776 Posts
You need to do what I do and just say NO
Exactly!!!!!! My cheap neighbor "needed" help putting belts on this junk riding mower and long story short, left my phone on his truck....texted him to get it...didn't went up the road.....cost me $1200. I just bought a new lawn mower, so I didn't have to work on something I hate. BTW it's got 3-4" of suspension travel.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
Exactly!!!!!! My cheap neighbor "needed" help putting belts on this junk riding mower and long story short, left my phone on his truck....texted him to get it...didn't went up the road.....cost me $1200. I just bought a new lawn mower, so I didn't have to work on something I hate. BTW it's go 4-3" of travel suspension.
Yes indeed. People around me and relatives have known for quite awhile not to ask me to repair anything for them. That is one way I keep my life free then their problems don't become mine.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
Exactly!!!!!! My cheap neighbor "needed" help putting belts on this junk riding mower and long story short, left my phone on his truck....texted him to get it...didn't went up the road.....cost me $1200. I just bought a new lawn mower, so I didn't have to work on something I hate. BTW it's got 3-4" of suspension travel.
View attachment 11049
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,967 Posts
Yes indeed. People around me and relatives have known for quite awhile not to ask me to repair anything for them. That is one way I keep my life free then their problems don't become mine.
Not to mention the liabilities that come from it. Back in the day a helping hand was a helping hand. Now a days a helping hand is you broke it and now you fix it!

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
Not to mention the liabilities that come from it. Back in the day a helping hand was a helping hand. Now a days a helping hand is you broke it and now you fix it!
You are so very correct. Been there, done that, not going to do it again!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,967 Posts
You are so very correct. Been there, done that, not going to do it again!
Couple months back neighbor from a few houses down is trying to jump their car. I notice and I can tell they didn’t know what they were doing. Dad raised me to help and I could almost feel him nudging me to go help. But I reminded myself the times we live in. After a while she yells out “hey! Can you help us?” So dumb me walks over and says “what’s going on”? She says I don’t know my car won’t start. I took a look and straight away I found the remote fob was not connecting to the vehicle. Most cars have an override to where if you place the key fob right on the button it picks up the chip signal and will start. I did that and the car started. She says “well what’s wrong with it?” I said “I don’t know but it appears maybe your fobs are bad.”Well who do I call or can you fix it? Can you take the car for me? How much? I said oh no I’m not a repair man I’m just here to help. She got angered by my answer. I’m thinking to myself how ungrateful. She then says well I did replace the key batteries, she took them apart and she had replaced them with the wrong batteries. At that point I said good luck and walked away. Leaving them with their hood open and unable to restart their car. It’s this level of entrapment and entitlement that people feel like they can use you, abuse you and get what they want for FREE. I should of charged her shop market rates for a diagnosis.

Anyway sorry for the thread jack had to share. Here’s my work space.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Couple months back neighbor from a few houses down is trying to jump their car. I notice and I can tell they didn’t know what they were doing. Dad raised me to help and I could almost feel him nudging me to go help. But I reminded myself the times we live in. After a while she yells out “hey! Can you help us?” So dumb me walks over and says “what’s going on”? She says I don’t know my car won’t start. I took a look and straight away I found the remote fob was not connecting to the vehicle. Most cars have an override to where if you place the key fob right on the button it picks up the chip signal and will start. I did that and the car started. She says “well what’s wrong with it?” I said “I don’t know but it appears maybe your fobs are bad.”Well who do I call or can you fix it? Can you take the car for me? How much? I said oh no I’m not a repair man I’m just here to help. She got angered by my answer. I’m thinking to myself how ungrateful. She then says well I did replace the key batteries, she took them apart and she had replaced them with the wrong batteries. At that point I said good luck and walked away. Leaving them with their hood open and unable to restart their car. It’s this level of entrapment and entitlement that people feel like they can use you, abuse you and get what they want for FREE. I should of charged her shop market rates for a diagnosis.

View attachment 11163
View attachment 11164
FYI, i have not called anyone else asking for help. Sticking to just helping out my one friend and neighbor as they are turely hard working honest ranching family folks. Besides bi-lateral SI joint injections for pinched sacroiliac nerves all the time. Then follow up week after to discuss what to do with pinch at spinal cord at neck and mid back and what surgeries i am in for. After a ride tomorrow just to make sure it hurts enough 😖😜🤣 oh and that is a clean ass garage there!!

·
Registered
413 Posts

View attachment 11163
View attachment 11164
Something is very wrong with this pic, Oh i see it no oil stains on the floor 😂

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts

View attachment 11163
View attachment 11164
Nice garage! I have the same epoxy paint on the floors as you do in my two garages, but I have so much stuff in them that you can hardly see the floors!

Reactions: Speedyg

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
533 Posts
It’s nice stuff for sure. Royal pain in the ass to roll on. Talk about back pain lol
As you stated, oil doesn't stain it, but battery acid eats it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts