Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it'd be fun to see various shops or garage space where people park their KRX's.

Lets start out with something huge. <grins> I'll set the bar high to beat!

I'm blessed with 3000 sq foot shop I built myself, roughly 30x100'.

KRX gets the mid bay.

High Bay has 14'x14' doors for truck camper storage. Left bay is tools and equipment.

·
Registered
701 Posts
:rolleyes:

A little under 1500 square feet main floor with an attached slab for a 100 square foot foot office I have yet to build out, In-floor heat, off grid with a 40' Conex immediately out the back roll up for about 300' more storage. It was too small before the plans came off the printer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
701 Posts
24x32 pole building with 12x32x7’5” tall attic. I had it put up in early 2020 right before corona jacked all the prices up on everything.
Nice looking shop!

Building Prices are nuts right now. We're looking into another steel shop build and a steel building is up about 60% from our 2018 build. Concrete is $700/ yard placed! That's supposedly a "deal" price from my son's friend. His name is Brandon tho....

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
620 Posts
Nice looking shop!

Building Prices are nuts right now. We're looking into another steel shop build and a steel building is up about 60% from our 2018 build. Concrete is $700/ yard placed! That's supposedly a "deal" price from my son's friend. His name is Brandon tho....
I had someone build mine. 24x32, 17’ tall overall. They did an excellent job. I have 6x6 laminated poles, 1.5” insulation board between the outside wall and the plywood inside walls, engineered attic trusses, a corner staircase, two insulated garage doors, 4 insulated windows, insulated man door, the concrete inside the building, an 18’x50’ driveway going to it plus some basic electric and I had $36k in it. They built it in 8 days. Oddly, I called about 8 places before I could get anyone to call me back. Nobody seemed to want the work in early 2020.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
83 Posts
Ok I’ll chime in, I’m in the middle of the pack it looks like. 1500sq ft 30x50x16 w/30x10 mezzanine and 15x50 porch/additional space (just a porch for now). Built in feb/March 2020
Seems like there’s always a buddies Polaris on the lift and one waiting haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
I actually wanted a bigger shop. I'm at 38x40 IIRC, but due to winter snow needed it to be very close to the residence. Between wetlands and rocks I was limited to what I could dig out of rock with our excavator. The bedrock put me in a bind with a red steel, or pole barn (which I initially wanted), because it would be drilling and blasting to do the needed footing details. Found a light weight steel building with an engineered footing detail that worked, a snow and wind load design that worked (everything is extra$$$ at this altitude). cringed, paid the $$$ and just did it. Even back than the steel crew was way late, came up from Texas in late November, for what they said would be a 4 day build. I really had to nurse them along as the cold kicked their assess Finished on Christmas eve just as a blizzard started. I Started the project bidding process in May of that year and had the first contractor just dissappear to greener pastures after stringing me along til late August. Essentially I had to start over. Bout $68k with me doing the dirt, in-floor heating, and area drains.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ok I’ll chime in, I’m in the middle of the pack it looks like. 1500sq ft 30x50x16 w/30x10 mezzanine and 15x50 porch/additional space (just a porch for now). Built in feb/March 2020
Seems like there’s always a buddies Polaris on the lift and one waiting haha.
Man, I love that setup

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
121 Posts
I always suggest building as big as you can afford and/or get away with. They end up never being enough. Mine is 40x60 and is full. Now wishing I would have done a 50x80(maybe 60x100?).

·
Registered
701 Posts
:) Murphy's law of shop design. Needed square footage (NSF), no matter how much you plan ahead, will ALWAYS turn into NSF^2 before project is completed. In fact, physicists postulate that shop building can make matter can materialize on site to necessitate more storage space because of this law.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I always suggest building as big as you can afford and/or get away with. They end up never being enough. Mine is 40x60 and is full. Now wishing I would have done a 50x80(maybe 60x100?).
I had to fight the building department to get mine. They wanted me to go no bigger than 24x26. Some weird outdated building code.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had to fight the building department to get mine. They wanted me to go no bigger than 24x26. Some weird outdated building code.
About the only thing I didn't have to fight. No plan check, or building inspections required here.....for now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts