Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to remove the center console to run some wires and it looks like there are some plastic rivets that need to be removed. The problem is they are recessed in a hole about the size of a quarter and I don't see any good way to get to them out. I was thinking of drilling but thought I would try here first. There are two on the passenger side and two on the driver side near the cup holders just in front of the seat kind of around where your knee would be. I assume there is some tool or trick I just don't know about.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Was going to remove the center console to run some wires and it looks like there are some plastic rivets that need to be removed. The problem is they are recessed in a hole about the size of a quarter and I don't see any good way to get to them out. I was thinking of drilling but thought I would try here first. There are two on the passenger side and two on the driver side near the cup holders just in front of the seat kind of around where your knee would be. I assume there is some tool or trick I just don't know about.
Just use a flat head screwdriver and work them out, The stock pushpins are a pain in the butt and most of the time they get chewed up when you take them out. I replaced mine with this style of pushpin that I’ve always had on my motorcycle fairings, just push center in with screwdriver and they pop right out with your fingers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
409 Posts
You can always use a hook tool or a pair of duck bill pliers for the hard to reach ones. If they get mangled, just pick up some new ones. They’re cheap enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts