Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I put a deposit down on a 2021 krx that was used to showcase products at shows. It only has 8 miles on it and has never seen dirt. When I looked at the oil site window yesterday the oil looked milky like it had moisture in it. The dealership said they would change the oil if it concerned me. My issue with that is I'm not sure if the original oil is different for break in then it gets changed. Or maybe the break in oil looks a bit milky. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not to worry, they just didn't get the machine up to operating temps while moving it on/off the trailer..........put 100 miles on it and go for their free oil change! Welcome to the Forums!

·
Registered
24 Posts
most likely from dealer starting and moving around daily, not getting up to operating temps to rid of condensation. have them change it if they are willing. then go enjoy it!

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
Yep, run it a while and it will burn the moisture off

Reactions: BobX2

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Another thing to do with a brand new machine, is sell your stock factory rims and tires off with zero dirt miles on them. People buy them as spares and they fetch around $350 each new. Then buy your own style of performance tires with custom rims to your liking.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
Wow, That is really milky. I think I would take the dealer up on changing that out. They can get a little moisture in them but that looks excessive

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
620 Posts
Mine looked exactly like that. No issues. It changed back to normal after 1 ride

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought it looked excessive myself but sounds like others had the same issue. I'll keep my eye on it the first ride. They did give me enough oil and filters for 2 oil changes and everything for the after brake in service. The other issue i had was getting the oil fill cap off, I had to use plyers to get it off. I thought it was stripped threads but they look ok

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you sank your KRX in a creek and the oil looked like that you would want to change it out immediately.
This is the same thing.
I would not run that oil in a new motor.
That is not good for the cams and followers or anything else in the motor..

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you sank your KRX in a creek and the oil looked like that you would want to change it out immediately.
This is the same thing.
I would not run that oil in a new motor.
That is not good for the cams and followers or anything else in the motor..
Truth right there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
same here l would tell them to change oil n filter before you pick it up. Yes l also believe it will burn off but still $20,000. machine brand new yes they would have to change it for me if l were to buy it. Just saying If l was them l wouldnt even put it out for sale with it looking like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I'm definitely onboard with changing the oil. The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that they may have a different oil in it for break in. If I remember right break in oil is high in zink but maybe thats just old school. I'll call kawasaki and see what they have to say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts