Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Performance/increase

34K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  cgrant5053 
#1 ·
Good day

Does anyone have any idea on upgrading the performance on the KRX at this time?
Muffler
Tune
Etc...
I know the talk is turbo coming, any ideas on that as well.

Just want to hear what others may have come across and the HP gains it may add.

Thanks

#6 ·
I have a local guy.. who is a programmer, spoke to him today about doing clutch work, harden springs etc .
Also spoke with some peeps at Trinity racing and they have tested the "full" exhaust and adding that with their programmer will add 15HP
Cost in :$1100 then I'm using local programmer guy to do clutch work he has verified it will work along with clutch work possibly adding an additional bit and really getting the hesitation out.. etc..

Their is some hope, will keep all posted...
Love the machine..

#9 ·
I have a Trinity stage 5 full exhaust in route..
I have sent my ECU to get flashed to match:
The full exhaust
New air filter
93 octane

What I get:

Speaking to them personally, with stock u gain 6 up, with exhaust in consideration and above, should push lower 20's up.
That's a big step and not alot of $ to get there, as I spent only $750 for exhaust.
Also with flash, throttle response and rev limit changes as you can see from link...

Just thought I'd post this, and next week or so I will repost on thoughts..

#14 · (Edited)
Any idea what the weight is on the Trinity? When browsing exhaust's, I saw something on the Graves web site that showed the stock muffler at 25.4 lbs. and their muffler and cat delete at 7.8 lbs. I am much more intrested in a full system rather than a slip on type. I like the Trinity price much better. I did see somewhere that a guy had the Trinity but removed it from the excessive noise. I really curious to see what you think about it. I would imagine that there is a fair amount of weight savings also.

#18 ·

This shows just stock without any changes to the exhaust.. which is around 6 horsepower.
Rev limiter gone
Added throttle response
Fuel balancing

I do not know about slip-on but for the full exhaust I am looking at low 20 horsepower gain with the flash and full exhaust.

If I were to guess. I'd say u gain 5/6 hp, however u will still need to fix fuel issues adding it, so doesn't run lean.. and maximize what your doing.
I hope that helps..

#23 ·
Need help from some of you all, if anyone can get me a 0 to 60 are 0 to 40 time that would be great.
I wish I would have done it before I uninstall muffler etc..

They have apps for the phone where you can do it.
After I get everything installed I will do a 0 to 40 and 0 to 60 time, so we can compare

#24 ·

All installed ..

Easier to install than take out old OEM.
Little bit of math
Old stock muffler all in 58lbs..
New Bad azz Trinity stage 5
21.5 lbs.
Difference of 36.5 lbs lost!

Now I won't be able to fire it up and let you know sound and performance, until ECU which is being delivered to Albaracing, gets back..

Will keep ya'll posted.

#31 ·
Trinity Dyno tested ECU flash with full exhaust 21 hp increase.
Noticeable HUGE difference, the lag takeoff is gone!!!! Instant response from pedal to RPM, instant!
Kind of gives you a slight throw back the seat.
You can surely feel it, and increased throttle.

I need someone to give me (stock numbers) 0-40 or 0-60 mph time.. can download free apps to get.

Anymore questions feel free to ask..

#35 ·
Thanks for all the great info. I may go ahead and flash mine without exhaust. I want a full system and change the sound but not change sound level too much. I’ll wait on exhaust until a few other companies offer systems to compare too. Trinity is my favorite over Graves so far though.

#36 ·
With my exhaust, came a quiet core as well with spark arrestor, it does tone the exhaust down a bit...it fits right in, easy install.
Maybe I will post a "better" vid in future with and without etc...
Here is core I'm talking about.

#39 ·
Ok..

I will screenshot next time from phone app, but I made 3 pases on 0-60
Each time better
First run
1st 10.7 seconds
2nd 10.1
3rd 10.0 (flat)

Now on my run slight (very slight) incline up.. I want exact flat to get perfect, but I feel can get 9.9.. which is doing it for this big beast, and I'm loaded hard with accessories.

Anyway will post more speeds and screenshots soon. But definitely see a difference.
Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.