Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was washing the eS yesterday and getting it ready to get some of the parts that have recently arrived at the house bolted on. When I got to the passenger door middle graphic, it has some of the “clear coat” flaking off in the middle and losing some color around the edge. At first I didn’t figure it out, but I don’t think I was rubbing too hard on her either. I was using a brush wand connected to a hose, so not high pressure like a pressure washer or anything. I don’t recall getting into anything on the trail, and I don’t see any witness marks to indicate any sort of impact or abrasion on the graphic, or the door itself. Wondering if this is common or something anyone has seen or heard of. Not sure if anything can be done about it since eS and KRX in general, are so limited right now. I imagine the graphics are also.Trying to figure out if I should inquire about at the dealer before it gets any worse. Now that I’ve seen it I can’t unsee it. Thanks. -RN

P.S. At work currently. Will post a pic when I get home.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
So, I was washing the eS yesterday and getting it ready to get some of the parts that have recently arrived at the house bolted on. When I got to the passenger door middle graphic, it has some of the “clear coat” flaking off in the middle and losing some color around the edge. At first I didn’t figure it out, but I don’t think I was rubbing too hard on her either. I was using a brush wand connected to a hose, so not high pressure like a pressure washer or anything. I don’t recall getting into anything on the trail, and I don’t see any witness marks to indicate any sort of impact or abrasion on the graphic, or the door itself. Wondering if this is common or something anyone has seen or heard of. Not sure if anything can be done about it since eS and KRX in general, are so limited right now. I imagine the graphics are also.Trying to figure out if I should inquire about at the dealer before it gets any worse. Now that I’ve seen it I can’t unsee it. Thanks. -RN

P.S. At work currently. Will post a pic when I get home.
The only problem that I have with my graphics on my car is all of the "Desert Pinstriping" that is starting to occur from use.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So I was at the dealership requesting a spring adjustment when I remembered the peeling clear coat issue. It was terrible to see but since the last post bubbles have appeared everywhere. In every single one of the decals. When I mentioned it to the tech he said “oh yeah. did you use XPS on it?” I said yes the salesman told me that I should. He said “that stuff eats the glue off of the stickers. It penetrates the stickers and eats the glue. You did that yourself. It says so right on the can. We aren’t covering that!” To which I told him the tech who was detailing when I picked it up was using it. The salesman suggested I use it. I purchased 2 cans at the parts desk. None of them hinted that it would ruin the decals on my 30k+ side by side with less than 300 miles on it. I was sort of stunned and just said ok. Happened to pass by the salesman on my way out and he asked how I was doing. I explained what had just transpired and he then asked if it was outside. I told him yes it was on the trailer outside and he jogged over to his desk to grab his phone. He followed me out and took pictures of every decal from lots of different angles to capture the bubbles. He then said “let me look into this.” Got a text from him asking for a picture of the odometer when I pulled in the driveway at the house. I sent it to him. An hour later I got another text saying the “decals are on order. Don’t know when they will come in, but they are ordered.” Feeling better about the situation now. I’ll keep you apprised. Has anyone else experienced any problems with BRP XPS polish removing their clear coat on their decals?

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
600 Posts
I don't have an ES, but I have the SE with 1000 miles on it. I would assume the graphics material an glue they use on the ES is the same just different color. But I haven't noticed any peeling on mine, but I don't use xps, I've actually never even heard of using that. I use sc1 to shine it, it works very well except it's a little expensive. My dealer told me they use furniture polish, "pledge" an it's alot less expensive. But I haven't tried pledge yet so I can't say how it works. But I do believe I wouldn't use xps anymore regardless of what they told you.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
Never heard of XPS. I finally decided to try SC1 after seeing what it does on friend’s machines. I don’t like how dust sticks to it - dealer put it on after the sale - so was hesitant to use it. But after talking with friends about clean up after the ride, I decided to try it. After three rides with it, I’m a huge fan.

I bought a case of 12 on Amazon. My first time took three cans, I was pissed. That was $25! But my first time I didn’t buff it, which spreads it and makes it go further. Once you have everything coated the first time it takes way less the next time. I’m doing every visible part of the machine and it takes 1 to 1.25 or 1.5 cans. Including suspension and inside fenders. Clean up after a ride is super easy.

I use a microfiber rag and once it’s saturated it really makes a little SC1 go a long way. When finished I store it in a zip lock freezer bag for the next time.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
People detail their KRX? Huh...i wash mine but i dont have the money to look pretty. I need to many upgrades and im about to try my hand at doing a wrap, I but good to know what not use.
^ ^ 100% agree ^ ^ I hose mine down with simple green and then hit it with the hose. The simple green really helps the mud to let go with just hose pressure. Anything more than that is just silly. 5 feet on the trail and it's mostly brown again anyway.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
I think my car gets dirtier every time I take the pressure washer to it dirt shoots out from holes onto the clean areas I just scrubbed:mad:. If you could use bedliner on plastic it would have been done day one

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I waxed it. I wash and wax all my toys at least one time per usage season. I even do the mud truck as I find that it helps with mud removal. I’ve done that with every toy I’ve ever owned and it helps with grime in general. My vehicles get it 3-4x more sometimes. Winters and road salt are rough in Michigan on vehicles.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
Totaly get the salt thing every time I head out to Oceano Dunes I would spray WD-40 on the undercarriage of everything I was bringing with me and touch up paint as well. I made the mistake of no prep once and only once. Ya it made the sand stick, but the salt didn't and it made everything easy to spray off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.