Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping out my carnivores for 32" STI ATRs and figure while I'm doing so I wouldn't mind switching to a black ring.... probably cheaper to just spray bomb or powdercoat mine but was curious if anyone bought the ES rings? TIA

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the parts manual it is 43058-0706-10. Both sites I found them on were $94. I have had rings sanded and powder coated for $20 each. So....
holy smokes... wayyy more than I'm going to spend. I figured that was the case lol.

I'll just have them powdered like you suggested.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Just going to give this stuff a shot... easy to recoat. I hate spending even $100 on PC when I know these are going to get trashed, I already have a few bad scratches at 50 miles.

Amazon.com: SEM 39103 Black Original Flexible Bumper Coater Aerosol - 12 oz. : Automotive
I was considering using something like that or spray on bed liner if/when they got trashed. Even if it doesn't hold up a re-apply is just a spray away.

holy smokes... wayyy more than I'm going to spend. I figured that was the case lol.

I'll just have them powdered like you suggested.
The rings I had powdered were for my Jeep and it is a highway queen since I got the KRX so I had them done knowing there was little chance of rock rash.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was considering using something like that or spray on bed liner if/when they got trashed. Even if it doesn't hold up a re-apply is just a spray away.

The rings I had powdered were for my Jeep and it is a highway queen since I got the KRX so I had them done knowing there was little chance of rock rash.
That's a great looking Jeep. I too retired my 4runner as soon as I started getting in to side by sides... I figure if I bash my door on my side by side I buy a new one for $300 or just live with it... my Limited 4R wasn't enjoyable on blue trails because I knew if I hit my door or rear quarter it was going to be multiple thousands worth of damage... it was nothing but gut wrenching. Everything in our group was a rubicon or wrangler on 35s LOL

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts