Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that a KRX with the electronic suspension costs $4000 more than the standard suspension while all the other brands (Polaris, Canam, Honda) offer it for $2000 or less? No way would I buy an eS model for that kind of premium. It obviously isn't worth $4000 more or everyone else would be charging that much for it.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Why is it that a KRX with the electronic suspension costs $4000 more than the standard suspension while all the other brands (Polaris, Canam, Honda) offer it for $2000 or less? No way would I buy an eS model for that kind of premium. It obviously isn't worth $4000 more or everyone else would be charging that much for it.
To each there own Bob. I don't feel like a idiot for buying mine. Maybe you think that I am?

·
Registered
701 Posts
The market always sets the price ( unless .gov is involved). If folks think they are too much than they wouldn't buy them and Kawasaki would have to discount. I don't see that happening presently. That said, I personally think the price is a bit excessive for me, but I wouldn't mind having one. :) Cost effective aftermarket solutions will make adding it a reality for owners who desire the add on. The tech will become cheap and available with time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The base KRX suspension is already SO GOOD, that it is hard for me to imagine the ES being that much better. Maybe it is???

Reactions: AmsoilRon

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The base KRX suspension is already SO GOOD, that it is hard for me to imagine the ES being that much better. Maybe it is???
Well I can tell you that being stuck with one setting would suck because I am constantly changing the settings on my suspension on the fly. Being stuck with the normal setting and not being able to switch to soft and or firm would suck because there is a big difference in the settings. Funny thing is I like the soft setting and I use it more than the others because it does not bottom out easily and smooths out rough terrain. Maybe some of you need to listen to the suspension expert Justin Smith at Shock Therapy and see what he has to say.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I put 1300 miles on my blue base unit, and have 100 on my new eS.........the color display and suspension IS worth it on the trail, at speed, when crawling, and high speed cornering. It is stunning how much faster and smoother you can go with the eS.
There is a reply of someone who has had both machines. He does have the experience of owning and driving the two as I have had only the eS model. He for sure knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
176 Posts
I checked the Polaris website. Looks like you have to spend about $8000 on the XP Pro to get the Dinamix system?

Reactions: 1655

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
151 Posts
My 2 cents. I think it is. I can change the suspension for different riding situations and I don’t have to leave the car. In fact I don’t even have to lift my foot off the gas. I was in a 6 mile lap 1.5 hour endurance race and it was awesome switching as the course changed. I was able to go soft in the rocks. Most of the race I ran in the middle. Then we’d get to the short course with big jumps and I put it in firm to air it out. I’m telling you the KECS is a game changer. Think that’s what had us running even times with the turbo guys with 2 to 3 times the hp.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I joined this forum to learn and share information with one another that is productive. Nobody knows everything I most certainly do not and I have learned from many of you. I get sick and tired of people arm chairing and bitching and moaning about this or that. How about giving out some technical information that is factual and beneficial to others. This is why I shut down my own You Tube channel because it becomes a mess dealing with some people. I am thick skinned and can take negative comments but I see that there is no need to continue being part of something that I don't enjoy. Everyone likes their own stuff for what ever reason and that should be respected. How about a tutorial on engine valve adjustment? I plan to do that in the future as it is a important procedure that needs to be done. That is the kind of stuff that helps people to me not the bitching and bashing B.S.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is it just the ES with the upgraded display? That thing was pricey. Do wish u could set the front and rear shocks separately and/or program your settings front and rear independently.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
I think @BobX2 asked a very fair question and shared his opinion. I see too many people playing the victims here because they disagree with someone’s opinion. Simply put, you buy what you like, it’s your money. But don’t expect the whole forum to agree or get upset if someone has a different view than you do. I like loud sound systems and I could care less if someone tells me different. I have the maturity and respect to move along and not make something so small a big deal.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
Alright people, let’s calm down a bit. Bob simply stated HIS opinion, and he’s entitled to it. Ageee or disagree changes absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. No sense in letting someone else’s opinion affect your day. You do you.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To each there own Bob. I don't feel like a idiot for buying mine. Maybe you think that I am?
I'm not calling anyone anything. LOL I am calling out Kawasaki for over charging folks for their suspension upgrade. Charging double what the competition is charging for basically the same parts doesn't sit well with me.

Super moderator Bob is pretty quiet….
Super Moderator Bob has a life beyond this forum. And sometimes Super moderator Bob feels like he is moderating the atv forum here dealing with all the hurt feelings of the young atv owners/riders. They also don't deal well when someone says something they don't agree with. Sometimes Super moderator Bob needs a break from dealing with daycare like responses he sees here. Would you like me to go on or be quiet... :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Justin, your suspension God, is a desert racer. He knows his stuff about suspension and racing. When it comes to my type of riding/rock crawling, that's where his experiences no longer apply. That was proven in another thread here recently where he was quoted as saying a Honda Talon was tops for rock crawling. That's so far from the truth it's laughable. I need only one setting, and that is soft. I have no need to "constantly adjust" my suspension up and down on the fly. My understanding from most folks who have had the E-suspension for a long time is that once the novelty of it wears off almost all of them now choose their favorite setting and practically never change it. Shoot, I can do that manually and save myself $4000!
Now before everyone gets all puffed up again, let me say this. If you like and want electronic suspension, by all means get it. I honestly couldn't care less what anyone buys or rides. If me stating my opinion about the eS price offends or hurts feelings, again, I honestly couldn't care less.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Internet=80/20 or even 90/10 rule. The lower number=useful information, the higher useless drama. This forum has provided me with a LOT of good information and that does include opinions I don't necessarily agree with.

Thanks for the contributions from all here.

I have noticed personally that since doing some ST upgrades that the compression settings are much more relevant to ride type and performance. The entire ride spectrum is much broader. I can easily see how it would be desirable to have incab adjusted, or a sensor based algorithm adjustment program in a machine.

I'm watching this very closely E-CLIK PRO for SXS

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not calling anyone anything. LOL I am calling out Kawasaki for over charging folks for their suspension upgrade. Charging double what the competition is charging for basically the same parts doesn't sit well with me.

Super Moderator Bob has a life beyond this forum. And sometimes Super moderator Bob feels like he is moderating the atv forum here dealing with all the hurt feelings of the young atv owners/riders. They also don't deal well when someone says something they don't agree with. Sometimes Super moderator Bob needs a break from dealing with daycare like responses he sees here. Would you like me to go on or be quiet... :LOL:
Nice Bob! I would enjoy you to go on, it’s entertaining :) LOL. I was just waiting for your reply to these answers you received.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts