Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I think 41ft/lbs
That is the value in the owners manual. I retorqued my stock set a few weeks ago. Every bolt took from 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 turns to bring back to spec. I assume the tire bead compresses over time and the value changes. Weather or not it is the correct thing to retorque periodically is the question. 🤔

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I’ve check my torque 3 times. All three times it was out of spec. Each time less though. The first time was the day after I bought it. They were crazy loose

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good to torque them at least twice. My first time after break in they were quite loose. 2nd time not bad at all. 600 miles and my 32" are on. Will be checking them tomorrow after our ride today.
THAT PLACE LOOKS RAD!!!! Where's it at?
tires look great, did it change the performance any? i'm thinking of getting 33's soon...... well, as soon as i can get a kitchen pass purchase order from the wife.....

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought that what they were. Those are what I am looking at as well and that same size. My buddy can get them for 125 each. Glad to hear you liked them.
Fueledutv.com was 985 for all 5. Free Shipping. Wish mine were only 125 but I'm not complaining about price. Everyone else wants over 1200 for 5. You will really like them.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THAT PLACE LOOKS RAD!!!! Where's it at?
tires look great, did it change the performance any? i'm thinking of getting 33's soon...... well, as soon as i can get a kitchen pass purchase order from the wife.....
Tule peak looking over Pyramid lake in Nevada. The 32" made no difference in performance that I could feel. I didn't want to go bigger than 32". I don't do rock crawling. Just very rocky trails. A lot of mountain riding. And thank you. Really like the KM3 tires and very happy with the performance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tule peak looking over Pyramid lake in Nevada. The 32" made no difference in performance that I could feel. I didn't want to go bigger than 32". I don't do rock crawling. Just very rocky trails. A lot of mountain riding. And thank you. Really like the KM3 tires and very happy with the performance.
looks like a road trip is in our future.... thanks!

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
352 Posts
What’s the true height of each tire on the machine? My stock 31” measured 30”.

Did you weigh them after mounting them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What’s the true height of each tire on the machine? My stock 31” measured 30”.

Did you weigh them after mounting them?

Thanks.
I measured them both unmounted. The KM3 are just about 1.5" taller than the carnivores. Shipping weight with just the tire is 44lbs. Wheels are not very heavy but I don't know what the actual weight is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts