2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2020 Krx1000
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the differences between your 900 and the KRX.
The xp900 is honestly a great machine, way ahead of its time in 2011. But the suspension got squeaky, as most rzrs do over time. Changing all bushings and and ball joints didn't eliminate the squeak. And the suspension beats you up in the whoops and the chop. I thought about doing long travel and a turbo. But for less then the cost of that I was able to upgrade to a krx and it came with a cage and rugged radios. Power is similar between the two in stock form. But the rzr feels like a built go cart, while the krx feels like a detuned trophy truck. Plus all the little things like better doors, sliding seats, more cab room, beefed up components, etc. I wanted a sxs to build into a full blown desert racer, and I found it. Waiting on a turbo kit 🤙
I've driven or ridden in almost every sxs, the turbo s is the only one with comparable suspension, but my friends with them are always working on them. Polaris puts their budget in the motor. Kawasaki puts their budget in the chassis. And I would rather try to add power, then be constantly fixing chassis components.

·
Registered
2020 Krx1000
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are those 30 or 32" SS360's? what size rim did you go with?

how do you like them? nice photo!
They are 32", 15" Packard wheels. Only ran them once so far but they did good. The previous owner had to run 2" spacers with them for the hub cap to fit over the castle nut. But 85" in the rear is a little wide for trails so I'll be doing some machining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts