Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sure is pretty. I'd love to have a spare tire rack like theirs. Down and out of the way for your rearview and keeps the CG lower. Are those Baja T/A's available to the general consumer? I did a quick check on the Goodrich web site but only saw Mud Terrain. Those Baja's look great and are probably perfect for around my area.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
The BFG Baja KR2 has the exact same tread pattern as the KM3. The KR2 is designed as a race tire with stiffer sidewalls that would not perform/ride as well as the KM3 for every day riders. Here is a post that I copied from a thread of mine on another forum when I was thinking about buying the KM3's.

"I can shed a little light on the BFG topic.
We've been sponsored by them for several years running their tires in KOH and pro rock and renegade series. I have the KM3s on my Truck. My pit crew lead has the km3 on his XPT. We run the KR2 on our race car.

The KM3 is an awesome tire. I love it on the truck and on a rec wheeler there isn't any better. We run the KR2 on the race car because it's the better tire for that. From the guys at BFG if you are gonna hit any wet go with the KM3. The KR2 is the best desert racer tire but they told me if there was gonna be mud or anything to run the km3. The KR2 has a stronger side wall and does amazing in dry loose dirt and similar. In 2 races at KOH we haven't lost a tire. The KR2 actually was on Mitch Guthrie Jrs polaris when he won it.

For that price the KM3 is a steal."

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny thing I find about that entire article is how they say they wanted the best platform and suspension to build off and chose the KRX. Even though they are slow... true off road enthusiasts can see the potential. They are is the same business as shock therapy so not just some random build.. they know what they are looking at and working with. This is exactly why I bought this machine...for the potential and it's awesome right outta the box.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The BFG Baja KR2 has the exact same tread pattern as the KM3. The KR2 is designed as a race tire with stiffer sidewalls that would not perform/ride as well as the KM3 for every day riders. Here is a post that I copied from a thread of mine on another forum when I was thinking about buying the KM3's.

"I can shed a little light on the BFG topic.
We've been sponsored by them for several years running their tires in KOH and pro rock and renegade series. I have the KM3s on my Truck. My pit crew lead has the km3 on his XPT. We run the KR2 on our race car.

The KM3 is an awesome tire. I love it on the truck and on a rec wheeler there isn't any better. We run the KR2 on the race car because it's the better tire for that. From the guys at BFG if you are gonna hit any wet go with the KM3. The KR2 is the best desert racer tire but they told me if there was gonna be mud or anything to run the km3. The KR2 has a stronger side wall and does amazing in dry loose dirt and similar. In 2 races at KOH we haven't lost a tire. The KR2 actually was on Mitch Guthrie Jrs polaris when he won it.

For that price the KM3 is a steal."
So are you saying you was actually sponsored by them or was that another post? If you were sponsored why didn't you run a pair? Or if I read it wrong...did you personally try the KM3. I have always been a fan of BF Goodrich.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That truly is a work of art. Velocity 3.0 shocks and Walker Evans forged bead locks with bfg's are like earrings on a pretty girl. I think we are going to see alot more of this car this year. I'd like to know how they are getting the top speed out of this car. I'll bet it can do 100 mph plus when warranted. Transmission gearing? Clutching? Is the wet clutch still in it or is there a trick there also?

Maybe someone in the know could help us out with some info? Outrun???? Weigh in please.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That truly is a work of art. Velocity 3.0 shocks and Walker Evans forged bead locks with bfg's are like earrings on a pretty girl. I think we are going to see alot more of this car this year. I'd like to know how they are getting the top speed out of this car. I'll bet it can do 100 mph plus when warranted. Transmission gearing? Clutching? Is the wet clutch still in it or is there a trick there also?

Maybe someone in the know could help us out with some info? Outrun???? Weigh in please.
I tried to find as much info as I could...pretty vague. I've heard of and seen wet clutch delete kits on other ATVs and sxs...artic cat I believe and it really woke them up with a good clutch. Curious to see if this will happen with the KRX...although some people say the wet clutch is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The wet clutch really does make the car very smooth. I'm coming from an xp1000 and it's very noticeable. I just got back from 3 days at Moab and quite honestly I had no idea what this machine was capable of before this trip. Very impressive.

The question is what are these guys doing to this drivetrain to take a car with a top speed of 65ish and turning it into a car that can beat pro class turbos? That is an amazing accomplishment!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
So are you saying you was actually sponsored by them or was that another post? If you were sponsored why didn't you run a pair? Or if I read it wrong...did you personally try the KM3. I have always been a fan of BF Goodrich.
That was a reply to me from someone who does race on them.
I do actually run the KM3 on my KRX, and I think they are an incredible tire. BFG knows how to build off road tires.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That was a reply to me from someone who does race on them.
I do actually run the KM3 on my KRX, and I think they are an incredible tire. BFG knows how to build off road tires.
View attachment 3238
Yeah I actually found the post. I'll be looking into these when the time comes for replacements..good write up in the old post.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Funny thing I find about that entire article is how they say they wanted the best platform and suspension to build off and chose the KRX. Even though they are slow... true off road enthusiasts can see the potential. They are is the same business as shock therapy so not just some random build.. they know what they are looking at and working with. This is exactly why I bought this machine...for the potential and it's awesome right outta the box.

The pictures look like they changed out to walker evans shocks, and added on to the axle and suspension pieces. I wonder how much has to be stock, if any. I’m not familiar with racing these machines.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts