Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

On the Fence- RCOR Tender Springs or complete Shock Therapy Springs

12K views 89 replies 18 participants last post by  BobX2 
#1 ·
I do my best to save $$$ where I can.
I am on the fence on one or the other..
RCOR Tender Springs appears to solve the problem, but will it ride as good Shock Therapy, if so, is that extra cost for the ST springs worth that better ride quality.

Help me out with your opinion.

#2 ·
In case you haven't searched there is seemingly endless discussion on the subject that you may find useful.

That's just one link of many found using the search function (which is steller) on this site. Personally, I went with Shock Therapy and am more than pleased with the performance increase. Would tender spring replacement only be as good or better? I can't say. Pay your money and take your chances I guess.

#3 ·
Out east tenders only (single file 3-8mph) and stock main+tender=plusher ride. ST big money well spent-enough said. I went with Bandit stage 3, I can't reguarly ride fast enough to get in the performance zone for this setup. Riding slow is stiff, the faster I go the better it gets........passengers usually get scared. If you putt around go soft.

#5 ·
Just had ST RIS & springs with silent crossovers Raised car about 5- 6" best i can say is car is so much quieter you can hammer over rough stuff at full throttle with little effect on steering bump steer over steer & under steer Kawasaki made the suspension geometry absolutely awesome, As far as ST customer service & business ethics thats a whole another story.

#6 ·
I do my best to save $$$ where I can.
I am on the fence on one or the other..
RCOR Tender Springs appears to solve the problem, but will it ride as good Shock Therapy, if so, is that extra cost for the ST springs worth that better ride quality.

Help me out with your opinion.
Depends on what you are wanting. RCOR tenders will get you back to at least factory ride quality, they won't sag and it's around $250'ish. That setup will give you a better ride than a RZR Pro4 with Polaris Dynamics electronic suspension.
If you want better than that then you will have to spend the extra $$$ to go with ST. Don't know how much better that would be, or if it would be enough better to be worth the extra it will cost you. You will always feel bumps and rocks regardless of your choice. I live in the rocks and I'm happy with my RCOR tender spring only fix.

#8 ·
ST, all 8. $599
Marked Motosport/Full Access Silent crossover rings $40
Marked Motosport/Full Access upper shock mount braces $80

Harbor Freight McPherson strut spring comp tool $35

Do your own labor.
Keep track of measurements.
Call either outfit, they'll answer the phone or call you back soon & 'splain it really well.

Got 300 miles on the ST springs and still waiting on them to sag so I can make the adjustment & install braces.
Ride is significantly better. Performance is what you buy, you get that & comfort.

#13 · (Edited)
Part #DescriptionQuantityPriceTotal
DWTM-10Bearings, Spherical Rod End Male M10 x 1.50 RH2$12.50$25.00
DNTF-10-12Bearings, Spherical Rod End Female M10 x 1.50 RH2$2.62$5.24
Midwest Control Products Corp kparker@steinjager.com via midwestcontrol.com

I switched all the spacers to these. Safety pins came from ACE along with the 10MM shouldered bolts that I turned into studs and the flange nuts.
4 per package, so need two packages.

#14 ·
I just installed the ST spring package. I also bought there resivior caps and will install them in the next couple weeks. Used there measurements and Ride height was a tick over 15 inches front and rear. Drove it for about 20 minutes and the ride is pretty impressive. Going to beat on it tomorrow and see how it does in the choppy stuff. My stock springs were smoked.

#28 ·
New springs gain back ride height, and ride comfort. Hard to argue with a affordable Game Changing mod with spring kits that can be had for $250-$500 = cheap.in my book.

With tenders you can also have a two color look like I did on old Blue with red AllThingz tenders on top of silver main stock springs........

#32 ·
My riding buddy in Everett has ST springs that I helped him install.....I've driven it, nothing magical like a glitter unicorn fairy dust like other may "expect" to happen. Like finding the holy grail or something.

I'm blessed in having put 1300 miles on a base unit, stock and tenders on it, and also now have about 1300 on my eS unit..........so I'm one of the few that can compare them both.......but that's a whole 'nother topic. I love the active suspension auto dampening on the fly with the g-force transducer sensors. ES is a far superior ride.

#34 ·
Before I forget, Thanks to all of you guys for contributing to this thread.
I still haven’t made up my mind on what direction I am headed yet.

Right now, I have adjusted the shocks and have the correct ride height, but I am quite sure it will sag again in the near future. It has 3300miles on it now, I bought with 3200 miles, but it was sitting at 11” in the rear when I bought it. After my adjustment we are at 14.5” if my memory is correct.

This will most likely be my winter project, ripping the entire buggy apart and getting it ready for the spring. Go thru the entire car, install new springs, clutch components, spark plugs, full access suspension parts, rear skid plate etc etc etc. Obviously I will change all the fluids.

I mentioned in another thread, I already installed the Dynojet Tune… That woke it up alot, its a different buggy now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.