Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Please give us an update when you run it hard.
The springs were definitely worth the money. Ride is a good bit smoother over the choppy, stutter bump stuff, slow and fast. Handling was also a big improvement at higher speeds and high speed off camber trails. Left the bump stop up 2 inches to see how close it came to bottoming out over some deep ditches and hard G outs. Rears pushed the stops down but never hit hard at all and the fronts moved the stops about an inch. A few of the big G outs were hit around 45-50. Click adjusters are at the factory settings and I'm leaving it there. The springs are a really big improvement over stock springs.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
788 Posts
The springs were definitely worth the money. Ride is a good bit smoother over the choppy, stutter bump stuff, slow and fast. Handling was also a big improvement at higher speeds and high speed off camber trails. Left the bump stop up 2 inches to see how close it came to bottoming out over some deep ditches and hard G outs. Rears pushed the stops down but never hit hard at all and the fronts moved the stops about an inch. A few of the big G outs were hit around 45-50. Click adjusters are at the factory settings and I'm leaving it there. The springs are a really big improvement over stock springs.
However you have no comparison to what aftermarket tenders would have done, right?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,638 Posts
However you have no comparison to what aftermarket tenders would have done, right?
Unfortunately that comparison is going to be hard to find. Once a person does either the tenders or the full spring package there is no reason to try the other setup. My assumption is that there won't be a ton of difference between the two options. I would guess the full ST spring setup would give you a slightly better overall ride. I would like to try it to be able to make the comparison, but the $600 price tag says my RCOR tenders are all I actually need... :)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
New springs gain back ride height, and ride comfort. Hard to argue with a affordable Game Changing mod with spring kits that can be had for $250-$500 = cheap.in my book.

With tenders you can also have a two color look like I did on old Blue with red AllThingz tenders on top of silver main stock springs........

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
My riding buddy in Everett has ST springs that I helped him install.....I've driven it, nothing magical like a glitter unicorn fairy dust like other may "expect" to happen. Like finding the holy grail or something.

I'm blessed in having put 1300 miles on a base unit, stock and tenders on it, and also now have about 1300 on my eS unit..........so I'm one of the few that can compare them both.......but that's a whole 'nother topic. I love the active suspension auto dampening on the fly with the g-force transducer sensors. ES is a far superior ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Before I forget, Thanks to all of you guys for contributing to this thread.
I still haven’t made up my mind on what direction I am headed yet.

Right now, I have adjusted the shocks and have the correct ride height, but I am quite sure it will sag again in the near future. It has 3300miles on it now, I bought with 3200 miles, but it was sitting at 11” in the rear when I bought it. After my adjustment we are at 14.5” if my memory is correct.

This will most likely be my winter project, ripping the entire buggy apart and getting it ready for the spring. Go thru the entire car, install new springs, clutch components, spark plugs, full access suspension parts, rear skid plate etc etc etc. Obviously I will change all the fluids.

I mentioned in another thread, I already installed the Dynojet Tune… That woke it up alot, its a different buggy now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have now installed RCOR tenders on three KRX machines and ST on a RZR 4 seat. The ST on the RZR are rubbing on the cross over rings. The RCOR on the KRX's no issues.
The thing reading all this is ,there is ,definitely two different owner,riders.Slow trail guys and balls to the wall desert guys.Definitely different strokes For different folks!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts