Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, 20.4hrs on machine. Getting ready for first service. How ever I notice. When my krx sits. Oil level is in the middle of the high and low lines on the window. When I start it, it now disappears down to the very bottom of the window barely visible. First service hasn’t been done yet. When I shut the machine off it reports back to where it was when it’s off in between the high and low line. Is this normal. I just happen to notice this last night when we got back from a ride and I pulled it in the garage.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It’s normal not to see your oil level While the machine is running, it is circulating the oil through the motor and returns to the bottom of the slump when you turn it off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
perfectly normal for the oil window to be clear while running..........I filled to high line after oil change and mine is topped off with a full sight glass when off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Y’all are the man. I figured that was case. But I thought ya know, why not ask. Might save a few grand

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
263 Posts
Same here. I fill it to the high line when I do my oil changes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lol... That’s how it works.

Oil flows through motor when running. Collects in oil pan when off. Why you check level when OFF

Dont overfill thinking your making things better. Overfilling the oil can cause its own problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the community and to the KRX, approaching first service and wondering if I should do myself or take to the dealership. I know they want to dig back in my pocket and tried to convince me its necessary to bring back in to "check" everything. But if its just changing fluids...I can do it myself. Anybody have experience on what needs to be performed on first service?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
302 Posts
New to the community and to the KRX, approaching first service and wondering if I should do myself or take to the dealership. I know they want to dig back in my pocket and tried to convince me its necessary to bring back in to "check" everything. But if its just changing fluids...I can do it myself. Anybody have experience on what needs to be performed on first service?
Thanks in advance
Check the repair and maintenance thread I did an extensive post on this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts