Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not liking to make messes and spill oil and no puppy pads on hand, I thought I try to make something to help facilitate the oil filter removal during an oil change. What I came up with worked pretty well.

Less than a blue shop towel worth of cleanup up and none on the floor so not too bad imo.

I took a long skinny cheap funnel and carved it up on a bandsaw to be able to slip around the filter during removal and still function as a funnel to move the oil down to a cup.

The material was soft enough to cut up with a utility knife, but why use that when you have a band saw handy?

Loosening up the filter

Spinning off the filter. This part made most of the mess.

After a little wipe down with the new filter on.

The one I cut up vs a uncut for comparison.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,633 Posts
Good to see different ways that folks come up with to help prevent big messes. The KRX is a cake walk. Anyone else here ever pull the filter on a Polaris General??? :LOL: It took me a while to even find it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just drain the oil from the KRX first and let it sit for awhile with plug out. When you remove the filter, no oil is left in it to leak all over the place. No need for cut-up funnels or shop rags.
I first let drain my oil and let drip for about 1/2 hour while i prepare new filter, drain plug gasket, and oil. No oil leaks from filter and no mess!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,633 Posts
Just drain the oil from the KRX first and let it sit for awhile with plug out. When you remove the filter, no oil is left in it to leak all over the place. No need for cut-up funnels or shop rags.
I first let drain my oil and let drip for about 1/2 hour while i prepare new filter, drain plug gasket, and oil. No oil leaks from filter and no mess!
Boy, y'all wouldn't ever cut it at Grease Monkey. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Boy, y'all wouldn't ever cut it at Grease Monkey. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Negative, no job here that requires any time limits. Everything gets done in it own due time at my pace, and that way i get to be very particular about each little thing and go above and beyond servicing and always upgrading. Like today will involve removing drivers seat to upgrade my custom made second battery tray for a larger battery.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,071 Posts
Nice job, OP!

Yours was probably cheaper than this, but I can attest this works. It's foldable, bendable, holds its shape, its like a Gumby doll toy. It can be used on different vehicles like my lawnmower or other ATV/UTV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts