Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
No

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
No. I check the site glass before and often twice during a ride. It’s always full.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
45 Posts
Your machine needs to be on level ground when you check the level on the sight glass. If you are parking on uneven ground the sight glass can show the oil level is low. Also when the engine is running the sight glass will always show no oil. :cool:

Reactions: hulk and Gibbster

·
Registered
95 Posts
Your question is not exactly clear as to when "is the oil low?". Two scenarios, (1) after a ride and machine has set for 30+ minutes (on level ground) is the oil at a lower spot than before the ride? or (2) you have engine running and the oil in the site glass is low or not even showing?

#2 is normal when engine is running. The oil is pumped up throughout the engine so it will drop in the site glass. May not even show any. This is normal. Note: only way to accurately see oil is if machine is level front to back and left to right.

#1 If the oil level changes after every ride (after engine is stopped and has sat for 30+ minutes on level ground) the oil level continues to drop after every ride, then you have a problem

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
#1 I have issues just wanting to see if I am alone. 185 lbs. of compression, I think the valve guides are bad.

·
Registered
277 Posts
#1 I have issues just wanting to see if I am alone. 185 lbs. of compression, I think the valve guides are bad.
Dirty air filter can cause more vacuum in the air box and draw more oil in through the breather. Borescope the cylinder and do a leak down test. 172-260 psi is what the book calls for. Valve guides in my experience doesn't cause much oil burning. You typically only notice it when the machine is first crunk from oil draining down the guide after shutting the machine off. You can pull the breather hose off the side of the air box and get someone to rev it up and see how much blow by you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was low as well in the site glass and didn't seem like it was burning it, but on the next oil change I noticed the breather tube coming out of the airbox was full of oil and when I drained it filled 1/4 of an oil bottle. Where did it come from?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it is only a little it is from driving with your foot on the floor. Mine was burning a quart every 100 miles, ended up being what they called a wavy cylinder caused by manufacturing defect. They are rebuilding my motor as soon as the parts are available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts