Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running down a paved road to a trail and realized I was in 4WD so I flipped it to 2WD. When I arrived at the trail head the other guys saw clean oil running off my front diff. I ran it in 2WD for the day. When I got home I cleaned the area and then topped off the oil. It wasn't down very much. It doesn't leak. Any idea what happened?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
I was running down a paved road to a trail and realized I was in 4WD so I flipped it to 2WD. When I arrived at the trail head the other guys saw clean oil running off my front diff. I ran it in 2WD for the day. When I got home I cleaned the area and then topped off the oil. It wasn't down very much. It doesn't leak. Any idea what happened?

Thanks!
Have you performed the first service?

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
296 Posts

Thanks!
Do u know where the oil came from on the diff?

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
296 Posts
I use to smell diff oil when I would run hard in 4x4 but it never leaked. I finally figured out the smell was coming from the vent tube. , I rerouted the rubber tube an have never smelled it since.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did perform the first service. Some of the guys there said it probably came out of the vent

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I followed the vent tube up to the top of the radiator and that appears to be where the oil discharged from.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
296 Posts
Nah, like snuff said that's why they have a vent so in case it's over full or what not fluid can go out there instead of the seals

·
Registered
21 Posts
I highly doubt it caused any damage that fluid gets thinner the warmer it gets and slings around in there more just enough to push a little out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts