Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the color display a touch screen, or do you have to use manual selector buttons to scroll through screens.?
No, it is not a touchscreen. There are 2 rocker switches with 4 functions that control the color display. Still waiting on the cameras to come it to see what that looks like on there. My girlfriend takes good pictures but is a poor spotter. Of course I’ll never tell her that. It took me a few different stops and dismounts to make sure my line was still good. Suffered some minor scuff damage on one of the bead lock rings. Nothing a little rust-o-leum gloss black couldn’t handle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to brag on the new Kawi. I’m by no means an experienced rock crawler and our eS nick named “Rocky” by my girlfriend absolutely made me look that way on a recent trip to The Mounds ORV park. We unknowingly went up the “pro” rock course thinking that it was the “stock” rock course. It wasn’t till the end of what felt like maybe a cobblestone road was a sign marking the start of the “stock” course. Followed by the “modified” if I remember correctly. Followed by the “pro” course. Of course we turned around and did it again but with pictures and video (need to figure out how to post video) this time! We are having a blast so far with “Rocky” and the excitement grows every time we get a new box on the porch or hit a new trail. I’ll keep posting here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get rid of of the stock 3-point seat belts and buy the Click 6 retractables that will save your neck some day!
They are on the way. When we picked it up we ordered our accessories. They are showing up at a snails pace to the house. Now I wish I would have been able to place the accessories order when I put my deposit down 6 months ago. Notice the clean guards and nerf bars. They showed up the day after our trip. Lol My biggest worry was getting Rocky stuck with no winch yet, but thankfully it was not a problem.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
A gated shift plate is another great addition, as well as door and center console knee pads...

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
Hmm… I would not like the screen consuming two switch holes. I’m already out of holes for switches on the center under the cubby hole.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm… I would not like the screen consuming two switch holes. I’m already out of holes for switches on the center under the cubby hole.
I was also concerned about running out of real estate for switches as the eS also has the suspension selection switch, which only leaves 2 openings on the stock dash. Upon opening the stereo dash replacement I’m looking to gain 4 more precut switch locations. I’ve also seen online a couple of “cut out” locations that didn’t look too bad if you needed even more switches.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got all my accessories installed (the ones I’ve received) just in time to go take Rocky out. Other than knocking a wire off my ignition coil and panicking for a couple of hours with and error code and one cylinder down, it went relatively smoothly. Glad I decided to wait for all the electrical parts and do all of it at one time. Now I’m just waiting on 6pts, fender flares, front and rear cameras, and an alternator kit. Doesn’t seem to be any dimming of the lights with the stereo on kill, all the lights on and engine at idle. I assume the alternator kit would be necessary for extended winch usage. So far so good. I’ll keep you posted

Parts list:
Audio System
Rear Speakers
Cab Seal Kit
Light PKG
Mud PKG
XTC Street Legal Kit
Ryco Fang Grill Turn Signals

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Good looking machine. I just don't like the Polaris "fang' lights.
I don’t really like or dislike them. They are just for function. The front 3/4” led turn signals that came with the XTC kit didn’t seem like they provided enough coverage. I wanted to be seen at the stop light. The fangs cover the front and then I made some brackets for the 3/4” for a side blinker. So far, so good. Also, I do like the metal grill the Ryco fang lights came attached to. Much nicer piece than the plastic OEM grill. IMO

1 - 20 of 60 Posts