Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit the Infamous 67mph limiter today and I got to say that Is plenty of speed.

i noticed right around 40 mph I could here a mechanical sound engaging.It sounds like something is rotating and clashing faster and faster then eventually goes away at around 45-50.

I reduced speed and tried it again and sure enough the noise was there. Noise appears to be coming from the floor board in the center console. Maybe the drive shaft? Have you all experienced this noise?

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Seeing if anyone is experiencing this. Doesn’t seem to affect performance.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
harmonic vibration of floor pan?
It’s definitely something mechanical, I’m leaning towards the drive shaft. There’s 1 other user that had this problem. I’ve messaged him. Looks like I might have to remove the skids and check

·
Registered
166 Posts
im thinking you would have a easier time removing console and passenger side panel.. set all 4 on stands and run it up and see if you have a bent drive line.. also check slip joint and ujoints for play.. don't rule out the possibility of a bad tire.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im thinking you would have a easier time removing console and passenger side panel.. set all 4 on stands and run it up and see if you have a bent drive line.. also check slip joint and ujoints for play.. don't rule out the possibility of a bad tire.
There’s no access from the center console to the drive shaft.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There’s no access from the center console to the drive shaft.
you can most certainly remove interior panels and view the drive line and water lines that are routed next to it.. just a suggestion to see if this is an obvious source of a vibration.. pulling the skid plate can be a pain if he has no intension of pulling the drive shaft... but hay have it your way pull every attaching panel off down to the frame if you want..

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can most certainly remove interior panels and view the drive line and water lines that are routed next to it.. just a suggestion to see if this is an obvious source of a vibration.. pulling the skid plate can be a pain if he has no intension of pulling the drive shaft... but hay have it your way pull every attaching panel off down to the frame if you want..
It’s a lot easier when you have a 2 post lift!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts