Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy Springs
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a set of Trail Grapplers in 33.9.50-15 after watching this video:

In the video he calls it the K-Spec sticky but I can't find any mention of K-Spec on Nitto's site or other tire sellers' sites. Discount Tire shows to have them in stock here. Are all of the UTV Trail Grapplers actually the sticky compound or not? I don't want to buy a set and find out they aren't what I wanted after it's too late.

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts

In the video he calls it the K-Spec sticky but I can't find any mention of K-Spec on Nitto's site or other tire sellers' sites. Discount Tire shows to have them in stock here. Are all of the UTV Trail Grapplers actually the sticky compound or not? I don't want to buy a set and find out they aren't what I wanted after it's too late.

Thanks
I did some research and it seems that the regular Trail Grapplers aren't the stickies. It seems the 33x9.5 x15 are the stickies. I don't think they are for sale yet. Did you try to buy them from Discount Tire? I watched the same video and will buy them when they become available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some research and it seems that the regular Trail Grapplers aren't the stickies. It seems the 33x9.5 x15 are the stickies. I don't think they are for sale yet. Did you try to buy them from Discount Tire? I watched the same video and will buy them when they become available.
The ones I linked to are the 33x9.5-15 size. They show to be in stock but I'm just not entirely sure if they are the sticky compound.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a call in to discount tire. They are supposed to be verifying that they are in fact the stickies and will let me know later today.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Thanks
Me too but I can't find the 33×9.5×15 anywhere

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fueled UTV sight showed 12 in stock but they were out

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
61 Posts
After seeing this picture from their website, makes me think they are a soft compound.

Little chunked out.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
I think I would rather not have a soft compound and get a lot more life out of a set of tires. If you are not competing or racing, why run a soft tire?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think I would rather not have a soft compound and get a lot more life out of a set of tires. If you are not competing or racing, why run a soft tire?
I don't have to beat on my machine as much with stickies. You tend to break more parts if your having to spin the tires a lot and having to use momentum to get through things. Also when you get to spinning, its easier to slide off rocks and get out of position vs just being able to crawl.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's the difference between making it up a wet, slick, steep slab and not. I have sticky 37" Maxxis Trepadors on my full-size rock-buggy and want my sxs to be just as capable. :devilish:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts