Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
255 Posts
Hello and welcome!
Don't know what you hit, or how big the hole, but I carry a small 12v compressor and a plug kit to try to avoid that very situation. Amazing what you can do with 8-10 plugs.... Wasn't pretty, but it got me back to the truck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I have one.....but somehow forgot to put it in my kit before we left for the day. :unsure:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you in Mt? I'm at Frenchtown. Picking up a 21 Trail in a couple wks. Randall
Billings. We were just out in the Pipestone area the last 4 days. Our first time there, found some pretty interesting trails.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any tips or suggestions to share from your first tire change experience?
If you haven't already, take the time to remove and grease/anti-seize all the lug nuts/studs and retorque. I torqued to 80 after lubrication, I think the dry spec is 88. I have a small Tusk Y-handle lug wrench that I carry in my tool kit. It doesn't give much leverage. luckily I tried it before I needed it, it wouldn't budge any of the lug nuts. They are very squeaky tight and sticky...for lack of a better term. It took a breaker bar to loosen them. After lube my small Y-wrench worked fine. Also I have a Tusk 2 ton scissor jack. It was very difficult to lift the KRX with it, took all I had and I'm not a 98 lbs weakling! LOL! . Again it needed lubrication, but of course this collects dirt like crazy! I lubed all the hinge joints and the screw, works much better. But now I have to clean it and re-lube after every few days or I'm afraid all the dirt would bind it up too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts