Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have been lurking on the forum for a while and decided to make an account. I have had my KRX for about a year and absolutely love it. So far I have the V Force John Tune, Empire Dual Exhaust in Black, PRP Harnesses with Dragonfire brackets, Kawasaki Soft Top, updated steering knuckles and 32” 10 Paddle Skat Traks with Method 409 Wheels. Attached are a couple pictures of my KRX at the Sand Dunes. I look forward to interacting with everybody!

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
30 Posts
Welcome out of the shadows, I haven't seen a KRX with paddles yet she looks good. I just joined too but, I just got mine in blue for Christmas. I so need to take it out to Glamis but wont have any money for paddles till next year:cry:

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
575 Posts
Welcome. How are you liking the tune and empire exhaust? That setup is on my radar.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
685 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm going with 32" SS360 paddles front and rear for 4wd slot car duning..........can you describe how much the rear end kicks out in the corners and how much it pushes in turns with baldy skin front tires?

Welcome to the Beast Clan. KRX World Domination!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome. Your sand tires look awesome! Did you notice any performance improvements in the dunes after the performance upgrades?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys thank you for the great response sorry it was a rough day at work! :) The first time I went to Sand Dunes the KRX was completely stock and I struggled. I knew I needed more power so I added the tune, Empire Duals and Paddles. When I tested it on the street those two items made a big difference in power. It is a whole different machine! V force John did some work on my 2009 Teryx so that’s why I chose to go with him. He said that he dyno tuned a lot of the single exhausts and the dual made the most power. The tune has been flawless and I doesn’t backfire too much.

I go to the dunes with a large group and everybody has Can Am X3’s and Turbo RZr’s. To be honest I stay right with the group and they are shocked that I can keep up. I have to give the car full throttle at times but they really only use about a half of their throttle with the turbo . The beauty of this car is that I don’t worry about breaking it like my friends in the group. The first two dune trip this season we had four X3 4 seaters break a belt, one 2 seater, and a Rzr that broke a belt and an A-Arm. I’m not trying to be a KRX fan boy but that’s the honest to God truth. They were always talking about Belt temperatures and would ask me what was mine was and I could never get it to go above one bar On the factory gauge.

From experience with quads I’ve always used Scat track paddles as they are lightweight and really hook up well. It seems like the car is a little over paddled with 10, but I Wanted to get enough paddles so when I turbo it it won’t be under paddled. The KRX handles like a dream even with the smooth tires in the front. I always had ribs on my quads but it seems like most of the side-by-side use a smooth tire on the front. I was told by my friend that sells them to get staggered paddles in the rear as it helps the car track straighter. I noticed that the car handles much better in 4 wheel-drive than 2 Wheel Drive. With the tires set up I have it widens it out quite a bit compared to the stock tires. (75” to the outside of the tires) Once I get a turbo or supercharger this will be absolutely perfect car for me and Hopefully the wet clutch will be able to handle the power! Hopefully I answered everyone’s questions

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the long response. When I was looking for paddle tires and performance upgrades I couldn’t find detailed information so I want to help out other people In the market.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry for the long response. When I was looking for paddle tires and performance upgrades I couldn’t find detailed information so I want to help out other people In the market.
Thanks for your excellent response to all the questions. It definitely answered some questions for me. I didn't know that fact about staggered paddles so that helps too.

The 75" width probably really helps your duning. Does that mean that all 4 wheels are wide, like even the front wheels are wider than 7"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will try to keep this short. 😊 I am glad that you asked that. When I first bought the paddles and wheels I told the tire company that I needed them for a KRX. They had never heard of the KRX so that should have been my first clue. The tires I have are a 32” x 13” x 15”. When the tires showed up they were are on 7” wide wheels and the tires were crowned, very narrow and the paddles weren’t staggered. I started asking around our dune group and local shops and they said no you need a 10” wide in the rear and 8” wide in the front. So I nicely asked the company if they would dismount the tires and sell me the correct wheels. They got angry and said no it will give u less drag with narrower wheels and that’s all the sell.

To Make a long story short I ended up selling the wheels to a friend and buying the correct width. They were much better with a 10” rear and 8”front and the paddles were more staggered with the tires widening out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

So I just went out and measured the tires side wall to side wall and the front come out to 10-1/2” wide and the rears come in at 12” wide. It It’s hard to see in the picture but these tire and wheel sizes worked out good as they the front and rear are right in line with each other. I’m very happy with this combination! I’ve gotten so used to the sand tires being on there the stock tires seem small now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually saw a KRX at Gordon’s Well Dunes that had paddle tires on stock wheels and it looked really good! Thank You CNJ I am glad to be here!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will try to keep this short. 😊 I am glad that you asked that. When I first bought the paddles and wheels I told the tire company that I needed them for a KRX. They had never heard of the KRX so that should have been my first clue. The tires I have are a 32” x 13” x 15”. When the tires showed up they were are on 7” wide wheels and the tires were crowned, very narrow and the paddles weren’t staggered. I started asking around our dune group and local shops and they said no you need a 10” wide in the rear and 8” wide in the front. So I nicely asked the company if they would dismount the tires and sell me the correct wheels. They got angry and said no it will give u less drag with narrower wheels and that’s all the sell.

To Make a long story short I ended up selling the wheels to a friend and buying the correct width. They were much better with a 10” rear and 8”front and the paddles were more staggered with the tires widening out.
Thanks for the details about your tires and wheels. I think your info will help many guys here because sometimes the people selling tires and wheels, or other technical products, are not thinking about what is best for your ride, but what they want to sell you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very good point! They were adamant that a skinnier tire will create less resistance across the sand than a wider tire. In my opinion that won’t work good on the KRX because they are pretty heavy. I want to float on top of the sand and not dig in as much as possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts