Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, I am new to this form. I have had my KRX since October 20th and just love it. Had it up in the rocks and it did great and even out performed some of the other brands. Just curious, how many of you are running 35 inch tires on your machines? I have seen a few and they look great and have a bit more clearance. I have been thinking about installing 35's and want to hear what you all think.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
869 Posts
Welcome. I'm from Indiana. I also bought my machine in October. I do run 35's. Well (33 1/2's) true measurement. When I set out for tires my plan wasn't I had to have 35's. But I punctured the sidewall twice in the stock carnivores. My opinion for where I ride an the cargo I carry the sidewall was a little weak for me. I ride alot at windrock in Tennessee which I'm sure you are familiar with being from WV. Alot of sharp rock, ruts, roots. So after reading alot of the tire talk on here I did end up putting alot heavier sidewall tire on and with what tread pattern I liked, an what was available at that time wound up being a 35". The machiene handles the 35 very well an I am bone stock clutch an engine wise. Is it a little more laggy off the get go yes. Doesn't bother me tho. Clutch weights and a tune would bring it back from what I read on here but like I said I am not worried about it. For what I do with it they work great.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,633 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of folks run 35's on their KRX. Personally, I think a true 32" tire is plenty, but there are plenty of opinions on that. The Carnivores run short. There's a 2" difference between my 32" BFG and my 31" Carnivore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. I'm from Indiana. I also bought my machine in October. I do run 35's. Well (33 1/2's) true measurement. When I set out for tires my plan wasn't I had to have 35's. But I punctured the sidewall twice in the stock carnivores. My opinion for where I ride an the cargo I carry the sidewall was a little weak for me. I ride alot at windrock in Tennessee which I'm sure you are familiar with being from WV. Alot of sharp rock, ruts, roots. So after reading alot of the tire talk on here I did end up putting alot heavier sidewall tire on and with what tread pattern I liked, an what was available at that time wound up being a 35". The machiene handles the 35 very well an I am bone stock clutch an engine wise. Is it a little more laggy off the get go yes. Doesn't bother me tho. Clutch weights and a tune would bring it back from what I read on here but like I said I am not worried about it. For what I do with it they work great. View attachment 1761
Thanks for the info. what brand of tire di you go with?

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
869 Posts
Thanks for the info. what brand of tire di you go with?
I went with MRT x rox dd. I originally was after the pro armor crawler xg but they were out of stock. The pro armor and the mrt look exactly the same. Just the pro armors are a whole lot cheaper. (About $50-$60 a tire when I bought) I dont know all the details of the differences, but what was explained to me, mrt makes the crawler for pro armor. But I was impatient an the mrt were in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with MRT x rox dd. I originally was after the pro armor crawler xg but they were out of stock. The pro armor and the mrt look exactly the same. Just the pro armors are a whole lot cheaper. (About $50-$60 a tire when I bought) I dont know all the details of the differences, but what was explained to me, mrt makes the crawler for pro armor. But I was impatient an the mrt were in stock.
Thanks, will check them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.