Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasn't aware of this but they cant stay open year round due to ice build up on the windmills being a major safety concern. I'm sure there's other reasons too

·
Registered
12 Posts
Grew up in Washington county, Now I live about a half hour from mountain ridge. Rode there a week ago, they extended it for the first two weekends of November, now closed for the season. Had a couple beers with the manager and for now the only utv friendly trails are beginner trails-fun, lots water control jumps but easy. Rock run seemed to have more trails available to utv’s as well as them being more difficult (read:fun), also closed for the season.
I did talk to the guys who run the AWRCS races at seven springs and they indicated that scrubgrass ride days will be back in the future, sort of in limbo now as the actual owner has health problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve Stiller I assume you mean?
I rode scrubgrass last year for an event. I was on a four wheeler with a group that consisted of four wheelers and side by sides. I didn't enjoy it as much had I been in a utv, I don't like riding slower on my atvs (hence the reason I don't own them anymore lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Steve Stiller I assume you mean?
I rode scrubgrass last year for an event. I was on a four wheeler with a group that consisted of four wheelers and side by sides. I didn't enjoy it as much had I been in a utv, I don't like riding slower on my atvs (hence the reason I don't own them anymore lol)
Wasn’t actually Steve, but one of the gentleman that works with him, ( older guy that had been into jeeps I guess ) I was at scrubgrass a few times in jeeps. Always seemed to rain, didn’t mind having all the creature comforts lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been to Rausch Creek Park in my previous 4runner twice... that place was pretty cool and would be a lot of fun in a side by side I think. I know that's not far from AOAA either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does Rausch creek allow anything other than vehicles? Last I looked it up I didn’t see anything for us.
Would love to get a group together to hit AOAA. place looks fun! I really only have one other buggy up here to ride with (customer I built a resort home for at 7Springs). Be nice to get some trips organized.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does Rausch creek allow anything other than vehicles? Last I looked it up I didn’t see anything for us.
Would love to get a group together to hit AOAA. place looks fun! I really only have one other buggy up here to ride with (customer I built a resort home for at 7Springs). Be nice to get some trips organized.
There is a Rausch Creek trail riders portion, I'm not sure what it consists of but you're correct that you aren't allowed in the main 4x4 vehicle park.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your pretty close to wellsville being from beaver falls ever been there? Trails are challenging but never closed
I've never tried Wellsville but I've seen a lot of videos on YT with some of the hill climbs lol. I don't do the crazy hill climbs but love technical trails.

Is Wellsville a park or private land?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts