Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just thought I'd share an update. Good news type of update. The dealer picked it up yesterday (Manager's day off so big points in my book for doing it on his own time) and just found out it was a plug that didn't have enough thread sealer. Photo attached. It's the plug just aft (left in the photo) of the oil filter. I don't know if it comes from the factory plugged already or not, but I'm kind of thinking it does. If that's the case it might be something others want to keep an eye on, especially if you have a new 2021. Me, I'm just thankful it wasn't anything more serious. And other than it taking a couple weeks to get looked at I'm really happy with how the dealer supported, what with picking it up and now they will be bringing it back my way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
Just thought I'd share an update. Good news type of update. The dealer picked it up yesterday (Manager's day off so big points in my book for doing it on his own time) and just found out it was a plug that didn't have enough thread sealer. Photo attached. It's the plug just aft (left in the photo) of the oil filter. I don't know if it comes from the factory plugged already or not, but I'm kind of thinking it does. If that's the case it might be something others want to keep an eye on, especially if you have a new 2021. Me, I'm just thankful it wasn't anything more serious. And other than it taking a couple weeks to get looked at I'm really happy with how the dealer supported, what with picking it up and now they will be bringing it back my way.
Awesome news! Thank you for the update. Hopefully no more leaks and you'll be able to ride without worry.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks guys, I'm pretty damn happy with it now. Wife and I have put a little over a hundred miles on it in the last week. Been having a blast. I pick up me new trailer tomorrow and then I have to finish installed my back-up camera and we'll be ready to go again.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts