Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

lots of info here that is appreciated. just sold my can am maverick and really fell in love with the KRX at first sight. went thinking i wanted a rzr or talon but the KRX just grabbed me and the wife. reading some of the new member problems with the sxs seemed like working the bugs out of new model of machine. just wanted a little feedback if thats how yall feel about it. i know reviews tend to get posted by people with problems so kinda wanted to hear from the owners that loved it with no issues. also what are some of the Must Have add ons. leaning toward the base model instead of trail. trail looks sweet but feel like the extra 5k i would have to pay here in TX for it i can trick mine out the way i want cheaper. all info is appreciated

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
Following. I’m in a similar situation except I already bought.

For me the roof, windshield, rear window, and fender flares were tops. Needed a winch. After that the machine doesn’t have to have a lot, it’s more about wants. The factory head lights are excellent you might not need a light bar even though you want one.

My short list after the above is backup camera, rear backup pod lights, and 12” amber LED light on front down low for fog in WV.

Have fun deciding! I love mine it will creepy crawl as well as punch you back in seat.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome aboard! What you do is really influenced by how, where, and how far you ride. I'd say essentials are a winch, jack, tire repair kit, and, or or spare and that's really all you need. Oh, neoprene stripping to deal with the upper door seams is a must according to the wife. We're keeping our car open with a 1/2 windshield, no bumpers (pretty sure about that,), roof, spare, good comms, navigation, USB port, trickle charger port, side mirriors, replacing the Reservoir caps in the shocks with Schrader valves and eventually messing with spring rates as they break in and the car is run a bit more. Perhaps a street legal kit if the out of state licensing stars align. The KRX is the most turn key car I've seen to date. Other than a dealer that can't install tire carriers correctly we have been trouble free.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
29 Posts
hey guys,

lots of info here that is appreciated. just sold my can am maverick and really fell in love with the KRX at first sight. went thinking i wanted a rzr or talon but the KRX just grabbed me and the wife. reading some of the new member problems with the sxs seemed like working the bugs out of new model of machine. just wanted a little feedback if thats how yall feel about it. i know reviews tend to get posted by people with problems so kinda wanted to hear from the owners that loved it with no issues. also what are some of the Must Have add ons. leaning toward the base model instead of trail. trail looks sweet but feel like the extra 5k i would have to pay here in TX for it i can trick mine out the way i want cheaper. all info is appreciated
I just sold my can am and bought the krx last Friday. Not a regret one we went out and absolutely beat on the krx Saturday and Sunday both. I love the ride of the krx all the wheel travel is awesome. The low power switch is pretty cool in the fairly flat rocky trails too it really smooths out the throttle. I’d say the roof and a winch are the only absolutes. I did order a windshield and a set of the click 6 harnesses and side view mirrors. If you are in north Texas I’d def recommend you take a ride to antlers motor sports in antlers, OK. They were the best deal on the krx, ask for Tony Duncan it was a quick easy deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had my machine for about a year and never had a problem with it. The thing I liked about the KRX and it’s turnkey right out of the box. Kawasaki really thought this machine out and put some nice features on it. When My friends were looking at machines to purchase all they were worried about is power. In my opinion it’s better to start with a strong platform and then you can always add the power later. I was considering buying a Talon and then when I saw one sitting side-by-side with the KRX I changed my mind. The KRX is a lot more roomy inside and the suspension is much better for what I like to do. As somebody mentioned above I would definitely get the harnesses. You can buy them from Kawasaki or dragon fire makes a bracket kit that will work with aftermarket harnesses. Good luck on your search and I don’t regret buying my KRX at all!

·
Registered
89 Posts
For high plateau and desert riding in Utah, Arizona, and Nevada (almost never over 30 mph), I don't see the need for harnesses, been riding since 2016 in my Wildcat 4 which has them. I do recommend a roof, 1/2 windshield, side mirrors, and fender flares (in case of unexpectedly getting caught in the rain). I have stereo systems in both the Wildcat and KRX, but don't use them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I’ve had mine for about a year, no problems at all. Absolutely love this machine and plan on having it for a long time. I agree that a roof and fender flares are must have. After that front bumper and light guards. You can also do little things that make a big difference, like spacers to raise the seats up a little higher, half windshield, mirrors, a-arm guards, there’s a ton of accessories for however you like to ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts