Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from indiana, bought the 2021 special edition 3 weeks ago, love it so far but having issues with the factory hi fonics stero loosing sound. Any one else have a special edition with this problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey neighbor! Welcome from down in Madison!
Hey neighbor! Welcome from down in Madison!
Thanks for the welcome. I just bought your front flip windshield 2 weeks ago an rear windshield this week. Love the front have yet to I stall the rear, it's at the dealer getting the radio looked at to see if they can find the issue with why it keeps loosing sound

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
454 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I just bought your front flip windshield 2 weeks ago an rear windshield this week. Love the front have yet to I stall the rear, it's at the dealer getting the radio looked at to see if they can find the issue with why it keeps loosing sound
What would you rate the sound quality on the stock system? Is it loud enough?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would you rate the sound quality on the stock system? Is it loud enough?
The special edition came from factory with 2- 6.5" door speakers an a sub woofer. Sound is awesome, an plenty loud enough, there are 2 more optional speakers if u want them they offer but I haven't seen the need. The only problem lve had is it quits after about 2 hours of riding. It's at the dealer as we speak there in communication with kawasaki techs an hifonics trying to figure out what's going on. Last info I got was possible faulty/ overheating amp issue. Sorry got off your original question a little yes it's plenty loud an has great sound...

·
Built For Battle
90 Posts
Thanks man! Good luck with the sound system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on the 2021 special edition with factory sound system issue, just heard back from the dealer today. Guess kawasaki or hifonics or who ever has had a few issues with what they are calling the "head unit" ??? which my best guess is the radio unit itself?? lol and of course it's on backorder, with no eta. Will try an keep updates for any one that might be considering a special edition model just so you have that tool in your belt

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
411 Posts
Yes, the “head unit” is the technical term for radio. (I was in car audio/video for 15 years when I was younger) :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks bigparm, yeah I assumed that's what it was but wasn't positive. Idk why they couldn't of just said hey man u need a new radio... 🤔

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok new update on the factory installed radio on the special edition. They installed the new head unit, didn't fix the problem, now it's the subwoofer/ amp issue there telling me. Which the amp is located inside the subwoofer encloser. So it got ordered, and of course as with the head unit this was back ordered as well lol. But on the bright side this about has to be the problem I'd think, bc this is the only thing that has not been replaced besides the 2 door speakers lol so I'm hopeful.. an I have has several people ask how it sounds an how I like it it an for the couple 10 minute sessions it has worked once u play with equalizer an get it set it sounds pretty good but I can't say much more than that because it won't play long enough during a actuall ride on the trail to tell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts