Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Don't have a KRX yet. Really thinking about getting one tomorrow. Always been a Yamaha guy and was looking at the rmax. After reading some reviews of rmax issues on the wolverine forum, I have kind of changed my mind. There are a lot of fan boys over there and I can't stand that. Anytime an issue is brought up they defend the rmax, say it's wind noise, or every machine makes noises, it's much better than the competition, etc. Nobody wants to get to the root of the problem and fix it. Yamaha says they are aware, don't know what it is, drive it until it breaks and they will fix it. I hear the KRX does everything better than the rmax. I like the looks of the KRX better. I still have my wolverine X2 which has been flawless. Just want something that rides much better, and is more capable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just do it, I'm new too, but cancelled my order of a General XP4 after numerous delays. One thing I've noticed is there's not a lot of people constantly having to upgrade or fix regular components on the KRX. The only complaint I really see is dust!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! Dust is just part of riding. I come from sport quads and we were always eating dust and mud. I think I'm going to get one this week!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yamaha was not even an option after my experience with my new Grizzly SE. Front shocks started leaking two weeks past warranty period with less than 300 (not 3000) miles on the machine. Worked my way up through corporate and every response was the same....out of warranty or customer abuse. Average speed of the machine was 15 mph....my 84 year young dads machine.

Honda was doing the same on my Talon. Classify a leak as a weep and say it’s acceptable.

Everyone has raved about Kawasaki and how they stand behind their products. Mid year change of the front knuckle says a lot. Even warranty work for guys on 35s....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just talked to the dealer. They have sold 3 of their 4 KRX's in 10 days. Tried to get the trail edition yesterday but it sold. Then asked about the blue one I talked to them about on Friday. They sold it also. All they have is the green one for just under 22k out the door.Talking to the bank in the morning and hopefully will have it tomorrow! Will be a big difference over my X2. I did find a dealer in Arkansas that has the base model for 17k something. Very good deal, but 290 miles from me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
New here. Don't have a KRX yet. Really thinking about getting one tomorrow. Always been a Yamaha guy and was looking at the rmax. After reading some reviews of rmax issues on the wolverine forum, I have kind of changed my mind. There are a lot of fan boys over there and I can't stand that. Anytime an issue is brought up they defend the rmax, say it's wind noise, or every machine makes noises, it's much better than the competition, etc. Nobody wants to get to the root of the problem and fix it. Yamaha says they are aware, don't know what it is, drive it until it breaks and they will fix it. I hear the KRX does everything better than the rmax. I like the looks of the KRX better. I still have my wolverine X2 which has been flawless. Just want something that rides much better, and is more capable.

Honestly I was in the same boat as you... I was torn for months between the RMAXX and the KRX. I'm not brand loyal except for the good ol 250r lol. What it came down to for me was the cab felt small on the RMAXX. I didn't like the chassis design either cuz it's seems like there would be a lot of weak spots. I have read rave reviews about the KRX and bad ones to. But it the long run I feel like I got a whole lot more machine in every way over the RMAXX because the KRX shines in every trail situation.

My biggest and so far only complaint is the flimsy paper thin roll cage. It's junk and I will be replacing it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Some things never change apparently. LOL I used to visit the Yamaha forums occasionally just for laughs. (couple of buddies have/had Grizzlies) I have never seen a more defensive group. Many times many folks wrote that the Grizzly was the perfect machine. There was nothing Yamaha could do to make it better. LOL And like you mentioned, anytime an issue or problem was brought up they would all jump in with the same type of excuses you mentioned. They were even worse than the Canam boys...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some things never change apparently. LOL I used to visit the Yamaha forums occasionally just for laughs. (couple of buddies have/had Grizzlies) I have never seen a more defensive group. Many times many folks wrote that the Grizzly was the perfect machine. There was nothing Yamaha could do to make it better. LOL And like you mentioned, anytime an issue or problem was brought up they would all jump in with the same type of excuses you mentioned. They were even worse than the Canam boys...... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I've always owned yamahas because I like them. 450s, banshee, bikes. For the x2 last year and it's been great for what it is. When the rmax came out I thought I wanted one. But, there are some issues owners mention on the forums and other rmax owner and admins defend the hell out of the rmax and start in on other manufacturers. I dont like that. Yamaha is aware of the issues and telling owners to drive it until it breaks. They don't have parts to repair them. So, I'm looking for a KRX now.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Parts are getting hard to come by for all makes and models right now. Hopefully that all changes before to much longer.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
LOL. Just for kicks I just went and spent about 30 minutes reading some threads on the wolverine forum. The admin. on that forum is a hard core Yamaha fanboy. Hahaha He definitely doesn't like anyone pointing out problems with the Rmax and isn't afraid to make up issues and/or exaggerate about something he may have heard about other machines to make it look like it's the only machine that isn't junk. When called out for doing that, he gets even more defensive. I know for a fact that we have one member here who wasn't afraid to disagree with him. That member is no longer welcome on that forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL. Just for kicks I just went and spent about 30 minutes reading some threads on the wolverine forum. The admin. on that forum is a hard core Yamaha fanboy. Hahaha He definitely doesn't like anyone pointing out problems with the Rmax and isn't afraid to make up issues and/or exaggerate about something he may have heard about other machines to make it look like it's the only machine that isn't junk. When called out for doing that, he gets even more defensive. I know for a fact that we have one member here who wasn't afraid to disagree with him. That member is no longer welcome on that forum.
I know exactly who you are talking about. Several other members are just as bad.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
227 Posts
Hey Ghost, welcome to the KRX forum. There’s several of us Wolverine guys here now. I’m looking forward to hearing more from you, you are a great contributor there.

I still have my X2. It’s at 3200 miles now. Great machine but it’s small tire. I considered the RMAX but I already had a recreational machine with an upright seating position and a dump bed. The KRX is way overbuilt and it’s the one I chose. Not many doing mods as it’s already built. Have fun shopping and I hope you find what you’re looking for!

Reactions: Ghost23

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Ghost, welcome to the KRX forum. There’s several of us Wolverine guys here now. I’m looking forward to hearing more from you, you are a great contributor there.

I still have my X2. It’s at 3200 miles now. Great machine but it’s small tire. I considered the RMAX but I already had a recreational machine with an upright seating position and a dump bed. The KRX is way overbuilt and it’s the one I chose. Not many doing mods as it’s already built. Have fun shopping and I hope you find what you’re looking for!
Thanks! I really like my X2 for what it is. It's great around our 10 acres. But I really pushed it at HMT and bottomed out a few times and so did my back. I gets around great, just didn't ride good at higher speeds. I really like the krx and hope to have one soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ghost welcome to the KRX crew. We have a Honda pioneer that is a work horse on our farm a Yamaha wolverine X2 and a Can Am maverick sport and I bought a new KRX trail edition and would trade it for all 3 of our others. Have had my KRX to rock run in pa and Hatfield and McCoy good friends with the HMX trail team. See will more dam video that’s me 15 miles on the KRX. I only have one complaint and recommend before you add anything make sure it’s mudflaps and everyone here and on the KRX forum will agree. I just bought the rock like and they are awesome. Love that you can remove the lower flap when crawling. The KRX is the best all around non turbo machine on the market hands down. Watch Jeremy McGrath at King of the Hammers in his pretty much stock KRX. Again welcome.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
227 Posts
Must be this one. 😀

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s it the new can am rc is my nephew literally had 12 miles on it setting on its side. 60+ mph roll over in the turn at that point I had 17 miles on my trail edition. Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts