Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Wifey and I are retired and moved to SE Arizona about a year ago. First thing we noticed here is that seemingly EVERYBODY drives SxS’s. We quite literally have more SxS, Quad, and dirt bike traffic in front of our place than we do car traffic.

We decided to dip our toes in by buying a used Arctic Cat Wildcat X-4 from a neighbor a few months ago. I like it, but am already thinking of getting something newer. The lack of refinement in the AC isn’t so good on my aging bones.

My short list is really down to the Honda or the Kawasaki. Mostly because I’ve owned many sport bikes in years past from both and am comfortable with their solid engineering. The majority in this area drive Polaris and Can-Am, but I’m just not convinced that their products are as solid as those from Honda or Kawasaki.

I won’t have much to contribute here, but hope to lurk and learn.

Tom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want bone ripping power Polaris or Can am is your best option if you want reliability & comfort Kawasaki will be a good choice will all things there will be stuff you will want to do to beef up or personal preference items good luck. Suspension & comfort was my main reason for buying the KRX.
Kind of what I’m thinking. I was fortunate enough to live just a few miles from Laguna Seca Raceway and pretty much got the speed thing out of my system on sport bikes in my younger days. I remember every single Kawasaki bike I had was waaay more comfortable to ride than any other of my bikes. It seems as if Kawasaki has kept this up with their side by sides. There’s probably a good reason the company is officially, “Kawasaki Heavy Industries.” With quite a collection of screws and plates holding my body together comfort is a high priority for me. Speed is pretty far down on the list.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,762 Posts
If a refined ride and suspension is high on your priority list, scratch the Honda from your list. Their atv's suspension have always been on the primitive side, and the Talon isn't much better. It has the worst ride of any of todays top UTV's, by a large margin. The standard KRX suspension rides as good as the Polaris Dynamics electronic suspension, and that's supposed to be one of the best.
“Kawasaki Heavy Industries.” That's definitely appropriate for the KRX. She's a big, heavy girl. (Big boned... :)) Extremely stable in about any situation you will get yourself into. Since I have zero use for 80+ mph or 185+ HP, there is no machine available today that I would trade my KRX for.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
913 Posts
If a refined ride and suspension is high on your priority list, scratch the Honda from your list. Their atv's suspension have always been on the primitive side, and the Talon isn't much better. It has the worst ride of any of todays top UTV's, by a large margin. The standard KRX suspension rides as good as the Polaris Dynamics electronic suspension, and that's supposed to be one of the best.
“Kawasaki Heavy Industries.” That's definitely appropriate for the KRX. She's a big, heavy girl. (Big boned... :)) Extremely stable in about any situation you will get yourself into. Since I have zero use for 80+ mph or 185+ HP, there is no machine available today that I would trade my KRX for.
Here is what a right foot in a RZR turbo can do if you land front wheels first.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Kind of what I’m thinking. I was fortunate enough to live just a few miles from Laguna Seca Raceway and pretty much got the speed thing out of my system on sport bikes in my younger days. I remember every single Kawasaki bike I had was waaay more comfortable to ride than any other of my bikes. It seems as if Kawasaki has kept this up with their side by sides. There’s probably a good reason the company is officially, “Kawasaki Heavy Industries.” With quite a collection of screws and plates holding my body together comfort is a high priority for me. Speed is pretty far down on the list.
Came from a few different sxs all Can Am. Had a lot of harassment from fellow riders when I choose at KRX over a X3 turbo. Not a speed demon or fast dune rider and so glad I did. On the knarly trails nothing better, built like a tank and comfort level good, lots of room. Just saying drive the ones you are considering in real world scenarios of other friends or riders. I did and went with KRX!

·
Registered
268 Posts
We own a KRX and a Pioneer 1000. Pioneer is a log wagon compared to the KRX for ride, but they are way different machines. When buying the KRX we drove a Talon, Talon was quicker but still don't have the ride, and the KRX was 2K less. But still, there are some KRX issues, (mainly clutch) that disappoint me. Honestly, If I were looking for a new machine, I'd take a hard look at the Yamaha RMAX. I'll also add, the 23 KRX models supposedly have much better clutch weights than previous models. Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
190 Posts
I originally looked at the Talon, KRX and Wolverine. The KRX was at the top of the list, but I settled for a R-Spec Wolverine. The Yamaha was a good introductory machine but it left me wanting more. Four months in I sold it, bought my KRX and haven't looked back. Fortunately, I didn't lose anything in the correction but that may not be possible nowadays. Therein lies the moral of the story. If you are going to get into a sxs, do not "settle" for anything other than what you know you want.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,122 Posts
Well put, flatlander. My story is similar. Zero regrets on my KRX decision.

And I will say that everywhere I go I see more and more KRX's. They are everywhere now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts