Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not sure why my oil looks like this on my new krx1000 with less than 3 miles. Anybody have an idea? Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was it fresh off the truck, or was it a display unit that got started twice a day to drive in and out of the building. Endless cold starts, especially in cold weather, can cause condensation and milky oil in a hurry. Speak to your dealer and see if they will do a free oil change, and check it out. Otherwise, if you get it good and hot condensation will evaporate off. If it's coolant, then there's trouble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any updates on the oil @James Lenz? Did you end up reaching out to a dealer?
Any updates on the oil @James Lenz? Did you end up reaching out to a dealer?
I did call the dealer. They told me because it's cold outside added with condensation that this is normal. Said it would probably look normal again as soon as I get her warmed up. Also said to bring it in for an oil change if it doesn't clear up. Too cold out here in Wisconsin to take for a cruise yet.
Was it fresh off the truck, or was it a display unit that got started twice a day to drive in and out of the building. Endless cold starts, especially in cold weather, can cause condensation and milky oil in a hurry. Speak to your dealer and see if they will do a free oil change, and check it out. Otherwise, if you get it good and hot condensation will evaporate off. If it's coolant, then there's trouble.
Thank you. I called the dealer and they also said the same thing. Hoping everything is cool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did call the dealer. They told me because it's cold outside added with condensation that this is normal. Said it would probably look normal again as soon as I get her warmed up. Also said to bring it in for an oil change if it doesn't clear up. Too cold out here in Wisconsin to take for a cruise yet.

Thank you. I called the dealer and they also said the same thing. Hoping everything is cool.
I had same issue with mine. Kawa had dealer do oil change immediately and pd for my next 20hr service as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes its fine, it was from dealer starting it and driving it out front to show, day after day, in the cool wet PNW!

·
Registered
149 Posts

Glad to hear everything is all good with your KRX!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, cool. Has the milky appearance returned since? Thank you.
Hello. I just picked it up yesterday. They changed the oil twice. Right now it looks good. Strange observation though. When I picked it up it still looked milky through the sight glass. So I open the oil fill cap and the oil looked good. So I take my finger and try wiping the inner sight glass and it did nothing. So there seems to be two glasses. After running it a bit it's starting to clear up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oil additives form to capture water resulting in that film. It will likely burn off after you run her hot for few hours...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had that happen my self took it back to dealer, they said it's just condensation and to go drive it and it will burn off, I didn't believe them I bought new oil and a filter when I drained the oil on my brand new krx It was perfect It looked like honey the white milky stuff was only on the top so I'm out 24 bucks

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX1000
6 Posts
Notices this same thing. Rode my machine to the bathrooms at an rv park first thing in the morning before changing oil for first service (5 minutes, 25 degrees F). Came back and let it cool for a few to realize site glass was milky. Drained it and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in the oil. I agree with everyone above about condensation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here, sight glass looked milky too. My dealership change the oil before leaving and said to just drive it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased a new krx three weeks ago and found milky oil same as you. Same story, condensation, etc. Took it back to dealer and they changed oil under warranty claim. Took first trip after and put on 30 miles, all looks good.
How is your machine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just purchased a new krx three weeks ago and found milky oil same as you. Same story, condensation, etc. Took it back to dealer and they changed oil under warranty claim. Took first trip after and put on 30 miles, all looks good.
How is your machine?
My machine is all good now. Wish I could find how to adjust my brakes as they seem a little weak though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can tell ya 1 thing. It will continue to "milk" but after a good 2+ hour ride it always burns off. Get used to it guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts