Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our new blue machine a few months ago and finally got all our accessories installed. But now it has sagged a cpl of inches and I’m wanting to install some 34” motohavic with 18” bead locks and worried they won’t fit. What is the best way to lift it for these tires with out changing the angle of the suspension any more than I have to?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,478 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can adjust some preload into your springs and recover your lost clearance from sag. I've adjusted mine twice, and they seem to be holding up for now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. You can adjust some preload into your springs and recover your lost clearance from sag. I've adjusted mine twice, and they seem to be holding up for now.
Yes I’ve done that now it’s making a clunking sound when it hits bumps. So I just got some rubber rings to install to try and stop that.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,478 Posts
Yes I’ve done that now it’s making a clunking sound when it hits bumps. So I just got some rubber rings to install to try and stop that.
Did you adjust your crossover rings up any? That may or may not help, along with your rubber rings. Once the upper spring loses it's "spring", it's going to be hard to prevent the spring seat from hitting the crossover rings. New springs are pretty much the only solution to the "clunk".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you adjust your crossover rings up any? That may or may not help, along with your rubber rings. Once the upper spring loses it's "spring", it's going to be hard to prevent the spring seat from hitting the crossover rings. New springs are pretty much the only solution to the "clunk".
I took both front shocks apart today and the cross over ring is bottomed out then I set the top of the preload spring 3” above it and added the rubber dampener to the bottom of the crossover ring. I’ll take it out for a spin on my place tomorrow and see how it does. But I think I agree shock therapy may be my best choice with all the extra weight I’ve added to it.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,263 Posts
I took both front shocks apart today and the cross over ring is bottomed out then I set the top of the preload spring 3” above it and added the rubber dampener to the bottom of the crossover ring. I’ll take it out for a spin on my place tomorrow and see how it does. But I think I agree shock therapy may be my best choice with all the extra weight I’ve added to it.
Yup. It’s inevitable when you start adding weight to the car. I’ve only got 300 miles on mine, and have the ST springs in my garage ready to put on once the dealer does my front end. I lost 4” of clearance just from adding accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup. It’s inevitable when you start adding weight to the car. I’ve only got 300 miles on mine, and have the ST springs in my garage ready to put on once the dealer does my front end. I lost 4” of clearance just from adding accessories.
Yes we have about 200 miles on ours now and with the audioformz stereo top, windshield, winch and ice chest that always starts off completely full. That has to be at least 300 lbs. extra not including the riders. We lost about 3” on ours and I’ve adjusted the springs as far as I can. If the 34” motohavics fit without anymore adjustments then that will give us the clearance that we need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.