Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and a little about me along with what I looking to do. Currently have a few new quads and a Honda Talon R. The Talon is OK for what it is designed to do, but for my type of driving and use it is horrible. Looking to sell it and replace with the KRX eS and have a few questions.

First, how is the overall fit and finish of the KRX in general? Rattles? Welds?

Second, I have been planning 30’s on the Talon and notice the KRX is stock with 31’s…..but several suggest a 33 or even a 35”???? Are stepping up to 35’s worth it? (Have a feeling I already know the answer)

Third, how is the quality of the accessories from Kawasaki? Will be looking at a roof, glass windshield with wiper, rear window, extended flares, and full undercarriage skids. Have used aftermarket on my Talon with great success.

Fourth, what are the odds Kawasaki will have a Supercharged version available? Not a speed freak , but something about a supercharger that peaks my interest.

Fifth, I rode in a neighbors Ranger and it was incredibly smooth….my Talon is horrible at slow speed. I know it’s a loaded question, but how is the ride at slow speed over small fist size cobble?

Sixth, I have the small TSC poly box in the back of my Talon. Will it fir and is it the best option for the KRX.

Seventh, I am a huge fan of underbelly armor. How is the stock setup? Is something similar to the Factory UTV 1/2" UHMW needed?

Last for now, any recommendations for dealers in the South West??

Putting the Talon up for sale later this week and anxious for the KRX!

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
483 Posts
Fit and finish on mine is well executed. I’m anal and have not found anything.

I had a Ranger and now an X2 and I just ordered 35’s will be here Friday. The 31’s on this chassis are night and day over my previous machines.

I bought a lot of OEM accessories and I found them well engineered and of high quality. Like Can-Am. I have the mud package, bumpers and nerf bars. To save research the mud package is front glass with wiper washer, best roof, rear hard coat poly, wide flares, winch, rear storage box and some doodads.

I’m a putt putt around guy after I get there. After I get there most of my riding is in low range 4-15 mph. I find the ride to be very peaceful. The suspension soaks it up and I’m comfortable in the seat. I’m 55 so this matters to me.

I didn’t answer what I could not. I will add I’m very pleased with my decision. Have fun!

·
Registered
230 Posts
For skid plates you might want to go with an aftermarket UHMW skid, same with a-arm and trailing arm guards. I have heard the kawi skids aren't that great. I went with pro armor on the a-arms and trialing arms, and a S&S mfg full skid with rocker guards. So far I like the choices. Other than that, all the Kawi accessories I have seem tike top quality stuff. front flip down, color matched roof with sun roof, nerf bars, fender flares, spare tire carrier, click 6 harness's, F & R bumpers, all are very nice products.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,478 Posts
First, how is the overall fit and finish of the KRX in general? Rattles? Welds?
Fit and finish are as good as any and better than most.
Second, I have been planning 30’s on the Talon and notice the KRX is stock with 31’s…..but several suggest a 33 or even a 35”???? Are stepping up to 35’s worth it? (Have a feeling I already know the answer)
The stock 31's are closer to 29.75 A true 32" or 33" is about perfect for this machine for 99% of riding. A lot of guys run 35's and yes, they do fit. A true 35" will rub under certain situations. Some swear by the "bigger is better" tire idea. I'm not on board that train. LOL
Third, how is the quality of the accessories from Kawasaki? Will be looking at a roof, glass windshield with wiper, rear window, extended flares, and full undercarriage skids. Have used aftermarket on my Talon with great success.
The OEM accessories seem to be of good quality for the most part. The roof and bumpers fit and look good. The aftermarket has caught up and is my go to for almost everything else.
Fourth, what are the odds Kawasaki will have a Supercharged version available? Not a speed freak , but something about a supercharger that peaks my interest.
LOL Your guess is as good as anyone's.
Fifth, I rode in a neighbors Ranger and it was incredibly smooth….my Talon is horrible at slow speed. I know it’s a loaded question, but how is the ride at slow speed over small fist size cobble?
The best! Kawasaki did it right when they designed the KRX suspension.
Sixth, I have the small TSC poly box in the back of my Talon. Will it fir and is it the best option for the KRX.
Do a little searching on this forum. There are many good options. Tractor Supply makes one that fits like it was built for the KRX.
Seventh, I am a huge fan of underbelly armor. How is the stock setup? Is something similar to the Factory UTV 1/2" UHMW needed?
It needs a good set of aftermarket UHMW skids. I run 3/8" Tusk UHMW on my KRX, and ran 3/8" FUTV skids on my Polaris General. I don't believe 1/2" is needed on a UTV, but you do need to add something to the KRX. I have Kawasaki a-arm guards and trailing arm guards. I don't recommend the Kawi a-arm guards. They are HMW and basically offer scratch protection. Don't think they would offer much protection from a hit. The Kawi trailing arm guards are also HMW scratch protection, but my experiences say that's all I really need. They don't take many direct hits and they can move to help absorb a hit if it happens.
Last for now, any recommendations for dealers in the South West??
Nope

Putting the Talon up for sale later this week and anxious for the KRX!
Good luck with your sale, and welcome to the KRX family!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies! Will check out the factory accessories while I am there. The mud package is what I would add along with the UHMW skids.

The more videos I watch, the more I am impressed. Should be the perfect machine for my type of adventures.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,478 Posts
Thank you for the replies! Will check out the factory accessories while I am there. The mud package is what I would add along with the UHMW skids.

The more videos I watch, the more I am impressed. Should be the perfect machine for my type of adventures.
The Kawasaki skid plates are one thing I wouldn't buy. I've read many reports that they just don't hold up. It appears that they are to soft. I've read that they are just a HMW material and I've read they are a UHMW material. If they are UHMW, it would seem that is a low grade UHMW. Go with a good aftermarket UHMW skid plate and be done with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something you might want to look into is the protection package. I got it with mine through the dealer. I saved enough buying it in a package that I was able to get the premium roof for free. I think I paid $1,500 for the complete package.
Comes with:
-full skid plate
-rock sliders
-nerf bars
-front bumper
-headlight guards
-rear bumper
-tail light guards
-A arm guards
-trailing arm guards

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold my Talon! Let the shopping begin!

Looking at the eS model when they come out. Thoughts??? Like the color

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.