Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello all. New to the KRX platform but not new to SxS. We have two at my work. An R&D car and then a Race build. Currently trying to remove as much weight as possible from this big girl! They are not the fastest but they are the most well built.
Welcome AZ, what sort of racing will you be doing?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Please do share how you'lre shedding weitght...........I'm a porsche driver, and people for track days strip hundreds of pound of sound deadening and other ancillary parts..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please do share how you'lre shedding weitght...........I'm a porsche driver, and people for track days strip hundreds of pound of sound deadening and other ancillary parts..
It ain't easy. This car doesn't have many "heavy" useless things. Our car bone stock, six gallons of fuel and myself in the car (I'm 220lbs), was 2100lbs. After removing the seats, fuel cell, rear "bed", anti roll bars, gutting doors, every plastic except the fenders and and floor board, and cutting off mounts/brackets/etc, it is now at 1715lbs with me in it. That was with the stock cage, new seat, new fuel cell and all exterior plastic body panels. It will go up after the new cage is installed, safety items/track items, etc. The stock springs are a good location to lose weight. I can't remember how much it was, but it was around 50lbs I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts