Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally time to replace my clutch, has anyone found a good aftermarket clutch or is OEM my only choice, I need the entire clutch not just the weights, I already have RCOR weights installed

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's finally time to replace my clutch, has anyone found a good aftermarket clutch or is OEM my only choice, I need the entire clutch not just the weights, I already have RCOR weights installed
Just so you know our primary is not used as a clutch. The belt is tensioned all the time. The KRX has a shoe type clutch behind the Primary. There's also a sprouge bearing with the clutch that gives us grade breaking. Yamaha uses the same setup. The primary on all the other manufactures is the clutch. That is why they jerk on takeoff.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
518 Posts
Reactions: KraftWerksJason

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice! I didn't know anyone was doing a aftermarket replacement.
Questions.
1. Cast or billet?
2. Primary and Secondary?
3. How many finger weights?
4. You mention faster above. What ratio compared to stock and will the stock belt be used?

Good to hear this news.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nice! I didn't know anyone was doing a aftermarket replacement.
Questions.
1. Cast or billet?
2. Primary and Secondary?
3. How many finger weights?
4. You mention faster above. What ratio compared to stock and will the stock belt be used?

Good to hear this news.
Hoping I will be able to share some more info in the next few month, but here is a little teaser post we did.

http://instagr.am/p/CfNfE-MNpdH/

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had 2 stock clutches replaced. I went with the DYNOJET clutch kit. What a difference. BETTER by far....
I think since Kawasaki knew of the issues with their crappy clutch design for a few years, they should pay for the DYNOJET clutch too........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts