Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is new clutch and weight kits out for the krx now to properly tune your clutch for bigger tires and better longevity .. Alba has a set of weights out and Dalton with a complete spring and adjustable weight set..

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm waiting to see if/when Kawasaki replaces the whole clutch itself due to premature wear and shifting that many people are experiencing.

thanks for the heads up tho'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kawasaki is is replacing the primary clutch and the belt on mine. Was told parts are 4 to 6 weeks backorder. For what its worth, the dealer told me the part numbers are different, indicating that it's is a totally different clutch (if you can infer that different part number === different part).

I'm waiting to see if/when Kawasaki replaces the whole clutch itself due to premature wear and shifting that many people are experiencing.

thanks for the heads up tho'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the belt a new part number also? I bought a spare belt when I bought my machine. I hope it isn’t superseded.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kawasaki is is replacing the primary clutch and the belt on mine. Was told parts are 4 to 6 weeks backorder. For what its worth, the dealer told me the part numbers are different, indicating that it's is a totally different clutch (if you can infer that different part number === different part).
I brought mine in to get replaced after the first ride.. primary was backordered until now. So I took my clutch cover off before I bring it in to get the primary replaced and after checking out how much worse the primary has gotten I noticed my secondary has grooves in it too. So now they are ordering the secondary as well. Hopefully these new part numbers are better parts. So for what it is worth, double check to make sure your secondary doesn’t have any grooves where the belt is slipping as well. My machine has 600 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts