Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you order the DIY weld kit? I like the way this one looks, it does not appear to have reduced headroom that much.
It's the DIY. Headroom is still fine, my bro is 6' and still has 7-8" above his head.

The seats rest on the harness bar in their full rearward position.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks really nice!

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you weld on the KRX? I am guessing so but just checking, wasn’t sure how those kits worked.
I tacked it all together on the KRX, then tacked it all some more, then pulled the whole thing off so I could flip it over(I hate welding overhead). Painted and then bolted back on the machine. You could weld it all on the machine except the bungs that bolt to the frame, which you could just lift it up a little to get the whole seam welded.

Reactions: Tight Lines

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the half windshield back on, lightbar remounted, and radio antenna tucked neatly behind the lightbar. Took it out this afternoon:

·
Registered
247 Posts
got a pic from the side?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Perfect! Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am thinking those tires are going to be my first replacement set as soon as the Carnis are bald. How you like them in the rocks? Also, how is it our rides can make 33s look as if they are still to small? 😆
I haven't had much chance to do any actual rock crawling with them. So I can't say yet how they do there, I've done some high speed trail riding and have mixed opinions so far. I hit a rock and bent a wheel a couple weeks ago, had 10psi in the tires at the time. Check out this thread: 10psi wasn't enough ☹ I feel like it wouldn't have happened with a different tire.

The jury is still out on these, but ATM I'm leaning towards going with a different tire next time. Still plenty of miles to burn off of these in the meantime.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
I read that thread just know and glad to see things worked out for you and that bent wheel. That would have brought a single tear and laugh at the same time for me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks,
My bro just put a set of Sedona Rockabillies in 32". He only has 1 short ride on them but loves them so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.