Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve been doing quite a bit of night riding and I have come across situations where I wish I had more lighting on the sides. Any of you running any type of “side” lighting? Meaning you can see to your left or right?

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
234 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I found this pic somewhere and saved it. Baja Designs S1 lights mounted in the upper rear of the cage by the B pillar. I thought it was a good location for lighting up the sides and thought about doing this to my machine.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this pic somewhere and saved it. Baja Designs S1 lights mounted in the upper rear of the cage by the B pillar. I thought it was a good location for lighting up the sides and thought about doing this to my machine.

That’s a genius spot for lighting up the sides. Wow. That’s a great idea.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Added rock lights under the fenders switched to a dash switch work great and hidden, light up the trail sides and look good too. All my LED's are Black Oak well built and lifetime warranty. Whips are 5150's went for lifetime warranty on all.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha used in dunes only. Trails no whips, Arkansas trails would take off anything from roof down. All below roof line. Pillars in front, above winch on brush guard, and on rear brush guard below tail gate. All safe.
Agreed, although whips have mixed opinions , they help at night especially when going down or at the top of a dune so someone can see you!

I got the amazon special whips with a 3 year warranty came out to about $100 for 2 4 foot whips.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
385 Posts
I am not a fan of whips on my machine, but the wife was dead set on having some, so we got some lol. We settled on the shortest I could find (2 ft ones ) which set right at the roof line. So far they have held up. I will admit, I like them on everyone else's machines but not mine. They really help to keep an eye on the machines in the back of your group to make sure you haven't lost any one at night if your leading.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not a fan of whips on my machine, but the wife was dead set on having some, so we got some lol. We settled on the shortest I could find (2 ft ones ) which set right at the roof line. So far they have held up. I will admit, I like them on everyone else's machines but not mine. They really help to keep an eye on the machines in the back of your group to make sure you haven't lost any one at night if your leading.
Safety! On weekends the dunes get packed out here and you’ll have the occasional atv with no lighting. Frustrating cause they really must be that dumb to not realize people can’t see you.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
I used to think whips were just eye candy until I rode with guys that have them. They are actually very useful. I bought a set of 3’ whips but returned them. I mounted them and decided there’s no way they would last on my local trails. Chase lights under the rear roof would but I never pursued it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts

Yea that is mine, the lights are great and only dowfall is that you will get a little reflection if you ahve side mirrors (depending on how you adjust)
I installed them with magnets from

10.315"0.984"0.615"551175°N4210-24____3/8"__3506K637.625.69

Encased Neodymium Magnet with Threaded Stud, 0.3150" Thick, 0.984" OD

to allow me to swivel the light in that location.....

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used to think whips were just eye candy until I rode with guys that have them. They are actually very useful. I bought a set of 3’ whips but returned them. I mounted them and decided there’s no way they would last on my local trails. Chase lights under the rear roof would but I never pursued it.
I have whips that have a quick disconnect from the power as well as the mount. I agree for trail riding with trees is not a good thing to have. Dunes absolutely need them at night.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I have some 2ft whips that I run all the time ( turn on only when i need too) they are great in the woods as well - allows you to see riders up ahead of you if following. height of the whip will be the issue but I don't seem to ahve issue with a 2ft whip

1 - 20 of 28 Posts