Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried or using Lifetime Trail Maps out in Northern Nevada. Thinking about which navigation system works best

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Had a hand held Garmin, now an trying a Magellan. Their has to be something better. Maybe a rugged tablet and GIA GPS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had a hand held Garmin, now an trying a Magellan. Their has to be something better. Maybe a rugged tablet and GIA GPS.
Yep, that's what I'm doing. BTW, don't use an Amazon Fire tablet to do this. They don't have a GPS sensor.

On a side note, I have a slightly dusty 2020 Amazon Fire HD 8 plus for sale if anyone's interested. 💩

OnX Offroad is good, too, but I like the extra maps you can overlay with Gaia.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
So what is a good tablet to get gps and apps to record rides and plan a ride.? Saw a site that had a new 7" duty tablet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Samsung tablet with lifetime trail maps and Gaia on it. I got in with lifetime when they were new and cheaper. I don’t think it’s worth it. I prefer the Gaia interface and have moved most of my stuff over. You can find almost all the same maps lifetime uses from mud con online and load into whatever platform you like. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
OK, thanks for the information. I think I need more than Garmin or Magellan.

·
Registered
162 Posts
make sure what ever you buy it is cell service ready or has gps chip.. you do not have to and I wouldn't hook it onto any cell provider it just has to have the capability... do all your downloads when your at home on Bluetooth as long as you have the grid loaded for the area your in the gps works with out cell service

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, thanks for the information. I think I need more than Garmin or Magellan.
If you do an apple tablet it has to be a cellular tablet to have the gps chip enabled. You don’t have to have cellular turned on but it has to be a tablet that original was sold with cellular. Wifi only Apple tablets need a Bluetooth gps dongle. Just an FYI.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Anyone looked at these?
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active PRO 10.1" | 64GB & LTE (UNLOCKED) Water-Resistant Rugged Tablet, Black – SM-T547UZKAXAA
BrandSAMSUNG
Wireless Communication TechnologyCellular, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS
Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie
Other camera featuresRear, Front
ColorBlack

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone looked at these?
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active PRO 10.1" | 64GB & LTE (UNLOCKED) Water-Resistant Rugged Tablet, Black – SM-T547UZKAXAA
BrandSAMSUNG
Wireless Communication TechnologyCellular, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS
Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie
Other camera featuresRear, Front
ColorBlack
I'm with ya on the Samsung, GW. Been scoping out the S5e as a replacement, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The Active series seems a little pricey when you could throw on a decent case and be fine, IMO.

Nbomar, thanks for that iPad info! That woulda been my second mistake ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts