Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Imagine how bright it would be if it were actually a 560W light bar like it states. 8amps x 14.4volts = 115W light bar. None of these cheap light bars are ever close to what they claim. Still a good deal though and they make a big difference.

· Premium Member
2021 KRX ES
381 Posts
I've had several of these cheaper light bars from Amazon and for the most part they have worked great, probably 1\2 of them develop moisture inside and start to fail after a year or so but for the price you can't beat them and they are certainally bright or I thought so until I purchased a $450 Rigid 20" light bar for my truck and holy crap!! you do get what you pay for... :)

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
969 Posts
We usually ride in a group of 5-6 buggies. I had a 40 inch on my can am. I found that if I wasn't leading I couldn't run it because you bling the guy in front of you. So I done something different on the krx. I added a 12 inch bar on the bumper, a set of adjustable side lights and a set of adjustable A pillar lights, it's worked out really well for me I got a lot better control of where I want the light to shine.

Attachments

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
The way they rate the LED lights, where they do watts, it must be they are trying to say its the same watts as an incandescent light bulb. Not sure, but when they say 60 watts or 240 watts and then they don't pull the equivalent amps, its not related to power. Can't be as the math doesn't work. I stopped going by what they call watts and now look at lumens and color temperature. 4000 is obscene at night, will blind you.

· Registered
13 Posts
We usually ride in a group of 5-6 buggies. I had a 40 inch on my can am. I found that if I wasn't leading I couldn't run it because you bling the guy in front of you. So I done something different on the krx. I added a 12 inch bar on the bumper, a set of adjustable side lights and a set of adjustable A pillar lights, it's worked out really well for me I got a lot better control of where I want the light to shine.
What do you have mounted on the front crash bar in front of the radiator grill?

· Registered
312 Posts
I am running EMP brackets and my 2nd now rough country curved 40" night led bar. I think it stated 180watt? Had it on Rmax and I like it. I prefer curved bars and its plenty of light for us. I know other bars can do more light. I am concerned about watt draw vs stator output?? I have a heater, hifonics stereo wiper and whip as well as the new led bar so I am considering how this is gonna work on a wet NW night with heater wiper music and lights?? Hmm.

· Registered
312 Posts
Cool. So how does that work exactly? You looking for a voltage under say 12.6 to indicate discharge status? Im unsure of the "bad"#? Also I just discovered my 40" LED bar doesnt play well with fm radio?? WTH? It is total static until turned off. Wow didnt see that coming.

· Registered
2022 KRX
11 Posts
These cheap bars lie a lot. I bought one from ExtremeLED to see if the “5D” lenses throw a more useful beam pattern. It’s supposedly a 200 watt bar with 5watt CREE LEDs. It pulls 120watts. I think I paid $250 or something for it, and it obviously isn’t made out of the components they claim.

The thing that really annoys me about the vast majority of manufacturers is that they refuse to give specs on the reflector. Oh wow, your bar is a mixture of spot and flood! Oh my, that’s perfect! Except some people consider a 30 degree beam a spot (it’s not) and a 60 degree beam a flood (it’s not). Unless you give us the beam angle, we can’t tell if it’s really the right compromise.

Rough country makes a 30” double row bar that has 9 degree spots. Those things have some throw—out at the dunes you can get all the distance you need. That same bar uses 90 degree floods, which also does a great job of lighting up the trail. I absolutely loved that bar, and would buy it again in a second if they used the same reflectors in a straight 40”. They don’t, so I had to roll the dice with this other one that doesn’t pull full power.

Even if you pony up the money for a Black Oak or something, they won’t bother to tell you what reflectors they use. You might have very little beam throw, or very little flood. You just have to bank on the 8million jeepers that overpaid and then love them don’t just love them because they overpaid.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts