Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 30 miles it was 3/4 of a quart low but no leaks.
60 miles lost pressure and shut off. I drained the oil and it was milky. Not a lot but noticeable. Changed oil and filter. 70 miles engine locked up temperature said 190 but radiator was ice cold. Dealer can't look at it for another week. Was supposed to be in Montana tearing up the trails. Hope it was a fluke

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
247 Posts
60 miles lost pressure and shut off. I drained the oil and it was milky. Not a lot but noticeable. Changed oil and filter. 70 miles engine locked up temperature said 190 but radiator was ice cold. Dealer can't look at it for another week. Was supposed to be in Montana tearing up the trails. Hope it was a fluke
Definitely defective. Sounds like coolant made it to the oil. A week would be great around here. I have to wait 3 months to get mine in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I noticed mine went through about a half of quart of oil on its first run.. maybe its burning it..
the heater kit adds an additional thermostat that if stuck would stop the flow of coolant to the radiator..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry to hear about your KRX Ron, please keep us updated when your dealer takes a look at it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
3/4 quart low is only 75% full.

After my first oil/filter change, I filled with full 4 quarts of oil and at rest, it's just at the top of the sight glass, about 1/8th inch above the top line.

I note when idling and warm, the site glass shows darn near empty, so the engine oil passages must really consume a lot of the sump oil.

Running on a casual ride last night, it amazes me the RPM's this motor turns........4500-6000 rpm at average 30-45mph cruise, when floored and you get on it, 9000+ rpm.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any info on what the dealer determined?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts