Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havn't ran it yet to see if its gonna burn off...Used VHT Flameproof to 2000 degrees? Ive heard both scenarios, burns off and doesnt burn off. I will re-post with the results.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,908 Posts
Yes, welcome. Curious to find out if that paint holds up. It looks alot better just painted than the other cheesy options I have seen..
I’d recommend getting it jet hot coated. You can choose whatever color you want and it has a warranty against fading or cracking. I believe you can get a polished look also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the trail edition…noticed that they sell yellow now. You still happy with this? Thanks
Hey there BOB. Yes very happy with it. Advice...do 3-4 coats after a good sand and clean. I did one good coat and the chips are getting pretty bad. I'm going to pull it this weekend and put another couple of coats on it. But yes happy and absolutely NO burnoff at all! (way better than the "rusty" look) :cool:🤙 Cheers!

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
This looks like a good idea that looks good! Sounds like you pulled the muffler to coat it. Did you use spray cans or quart? How did you cure it?

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup. Removed it, sanded it real good, wiped it down with alcohol, then blew it off with compressed air. I used spray cans to paint it. As far as curing, I live in the California desert, so I left it in the hot sun for a few hours, and re-installed it the next day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup. Removed it, sanded it real good, wiped it down with alcohol, then blew it off with compressed air. I used spray cans to paint it. As far as curing, I live in the California desert, so I left it in the hot sun for a few hours, and re-installed it the next day.
I had thought about doing the same thing and I Just came across this thread, are you still happy with how it turned out? After a few months is it still holding up? How about cleaning it, does the mud wash off with no problem?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts