Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2021 KRX SE
That's awesome. Looks like a good time except for the mud, an cleaning of course lol. But you have some great pics of exactly why I hate my factory nerf bars, we did a ride last winter an the sun made it greasy/sloppy during the day but at night when we got back to the hotel the mud had froze on them an my door wouldn't open!

Premium Member
2020 KRX
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome. Looks like a good time except for the mud, an cleaning of course lol. But you have some great pics of exactly why I hate my factory nerf bars, we did a ride last winter an the sun made it greasy/sloppy during the day but at night when we got back to the hotel the mud had froze on them an my door wouldn't open!
Yeah, definitely going to look into some fender flares for the front. The front tires splash up quite a bit of water and mud when riding in the rain. I was amazed at how much mud was thrown out in front of the car, only to drive right back into it.

Registered
2021 KRX SE
Yeah, definitely going to look into some fender flares for the front. The front tires splash up quite a bit of water and mud when riding in the rain. I was amazed at how much mud was thrown out in front of the car, only to drive right back into it.
I ran the ones from spike with stock wheels an tires and they worked pretty well. I kept ripping the rears off so I don't run rears anymore. When I went to 35's an tusk wheels it's a tad wider than stock an they weren't quite wide enough to cover, so I went with the ones jbs has and his are wider than spikes, an they work pretty well.

Registered
Nice !, looks like you had fun, and looks like my machine the first day on the Arapeen, front tires were throwing mud balls everywhere you could imagine, its all fun and games till you gotta clean up 馃槀

Registered
2021 KRX SE
Aj makes good stuff. I run his inner fender wells an his arm rest. But his front flares I didn't feel like come up far enough forward on the fender to stop the fling of water so you wouldn't be driving back into it. But I have never tried his that's just my opinion by looking at them.

Registered
I was supposed to do the cinders, and crown king over the weekend. I didn't go because of the mud.
Where did you go?

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
$100 for a set of fronts only from A.J.'s. Worth every penny. They would have kept 3/4 of that mud off of your machine. I also put on a set of his rear wheel well liners. Quality stuff from a great guy. Give him a call, but be prepared to spend 10-15 minutes talking to him... :) (You can only order by calling. No online ordering)
I've thought about maybe adding some lower extensions but it doesn't see mud often enough for me to spend half an hour riveting some mud flap material on them.

Premium Member
2020 KRX
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$100 for a set of fronts only from A.J.'s. Worth every penny. They would have kept 3/4 of that mud off of your machine. I also put on a set of his rear wheel well liners. Quality stuff from a great guy. Give him a call, but be prepared to spend 10-15 minutes talking to him... :) (You can only order by calling. No online ordering)
I've thought about maybe adding some lower extensions but it doesn't see mud often enough for me to spend half an hour riveting some mud flap material on them.

View attachment 5206

View attachment 5207

View attachment 5208
Bob, do you have a good shot looking from the front and rear? I鈥檓 trying to see how much they stick out.

Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
Bob, do you have a good shot looking from the front and rear? I鈥檓 trying to see how much they stick out.
I kinda have some shots that show that. They are about as small as possible and still do their job. The tires stick out past the flares slightly. I can lean out and spot my front tire when needed. (Don't mind my son photo bombing lol)

Registered
You can go on Ebay look up the same Material that fender flars are made out of and make your on the size you want........that is what i did and all i get in them is $66 dollers ....I was not going to pay $275 to $600 for a set of them that is crazy when you can go on line and buy the stuff on Ebay or Amazon and buy this same stuff and cut it to the size you want ....

Yup!!
View attachment 5200
View attachment 5201
View attachment 5202

Did an 80 mile run yesterday with some people from our FB group. Got poured on, dodged snowball sized mud balls, and had one hell of a time!! Clean up of this cement type mud is gonna be a chore. 馃槕

View attachment 5203
View attachment 5204
View attachment 5205
Go on Amazon and buy the same Material that they are made out of and make your on ......that is what i did and you can cut them and bend them with a heat gun ...... i have
Yup!!
View attachment 5200
View attachment 5201
View attachment 5202

Did an 80 mile run yesterday with some people from our FB group. Got poured on, dodged snowball sized mud balls, and had one hell of a time!! Clean up of this cement type mud is gonna be a chore. 馃槕

View attachment 5203
View attachment 5204
View attachment 5205
Go on Amazon and order your on stuff to make your on fender flars that way you can cut them to what size you want them as far as bending them a good heat gun will help bend them the way you want them on line cost $66 doller for rear and front ........that is all i got in my fender flars on my krx ..
I will show pictures but i don't have really good pictures to show but i will put what i have ...

Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options

I made these today out of some 1/8鈥 abs plastic I bought off of Amazon. I already had front flares and wanted to see if these would keep the crap from flying up at my shoulders. Pretty easy to work with when you heat it up.

Premium Member
I bought the AJs front and rear and didn't like them. Couldn't see in Colorado rainstorm. Not enough coverage. I would go with MuddBusters. Theyt weren't making them whenI I bought AJs. Now I have glass windshield with wiper

1 - 16 of 16 Posts