Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Ok I have then stitched together and will upload when I get home.
until then here are a few that i already did from our trip... I am still in a pioneer 1000 at this time but @JTW and @Nbomar are in their KRX’s ... I already planned on buying a KRX but this trip sped up the purchase.
The KRX is becoming the new King of Moab. It was made for that country.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
The Launch Pad is an eye opener. Doesn't look like much on video, but when you are sitting at the bottom looking up....... To make it more of a thrill ride, you gotta do it on an ATV. The top 15' or so is STEEP, and that bump gives it that little extra wow factor. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
here is the stitched together cell phone video
The KRX walked right up once he took the right line. Nobody wants to go right to the edge of the cliff, but that is the only line to get up without an all out rock buggy. Awesome job guys, and great video.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The KRX walked right up once he took the right line. Nobody wants to go right to the edge of the cliff, but that is the only line to get up without an all out rock buggy. Awesome job guys, and great video.
Yeah.. the line on the left I’ve been up in the pioneer several times. But now with the KRX, I had to give the right side a try!!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Lmao... I bet that was a puckered ride on a 4 wheeler!
I've done it a couple of time on a couple of different quads, and the pucker factor was the same every time. Makes it real easy to do now in a side by side. Just drive right up, almost takes the fun out of it, especially with the KRX. :)

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
The Launch Pad is an eye opener. Doesn't look like much on video, but when you are sitting at the bottom looking up....... To make it more of a thrill ride, you gotta do it on an ATV. The top 15' or so is STEEP, and that bump gives it that little extra wow factor. :oops:

View attachment 1287
Yea boy... the steepness of hills are really lost in video. that's is one reason i like the Garmin virb as it lest you do layovers I think i peaked at 41 degrees going up that for a split sec.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yea boy... the steepness of hills are really lost in video. that's is one reason i like the Garmin virb as it lest you do layovers I think i peaked at 41 degrees going up that for a split sec.

I'd definitely be taking the nope train back to camp if asked to do that. Used to ride Mtn. bikes out there 20 something years ago......that rock is HARD! What looks like not too bad on video looks like totally vertical in person. Awesome footage , I am in awe of some of the driving skills displayed here. (y)

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I'd definitely be taking the nope train back to camp if asked to do that. Used to ride Mtn. bikes out there 20 something years ago......that rock is HARD! What looks like not too bad on video looks like totally vertical in person. Awesome footage , I am in awe of some of the driving skills displayed here. (y)
The thing that is different out there is how much traction you get on those rocks.. it is like sandpaper... but trust me my biggest fear in the pioneer was flopping over backwards and I cussed them like crazy once up at the top. Now i have a KRX and I was in @JTW doing what felt like near vertical climbs on the last day and felt pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
View attachment 1288
I saw that when I was watching the video. That's right where you hit that big bump near the top. The last place you want to be hitting a bump like that. 😂 That's an awesome screen grab there. Just in case anyone was wondering how it got the name the Launch Pad.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
There is a bypass to the left and around the side that isn't near as steep. I've seen several people take it. I wouldn't have done it on my atv if I hadn't seen one go up just ahead of me. That's the advantage to riding with a couple of 20 somethings in the group. When in doubt, let them go first. LOL

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
The thing that is different out there is how much traction you get on those rocks.. it is like sandpaper... but trust me my biggest fear in the pioneer was flopping over backwards and I cussed them like crazy once up at the top. Now i have a KRX and I was in @JTW doing what felt like near vertical climbs on the last day and felt pretty good.
Did you guys ride the entire Trifecta or did you ride back out on Poison Spider? If you turned back, you need to put it on your bucket list to ride next time. Where Eagles Dare is another great side trail on Golden Spike. When you come down off of the American Flag rock, you drop down that steep descent into the bottom of the wash. Turn left in the wash. That is the beginning of the trail. I would caution those who don't like really steep trails that this wouldn't be a good option for them. There is a point where you can look down into the canyon where the train tracks come out of the tunnel, and you can also see Corona Arch from there. I did this side trail a couple years ago in my General. Didn't want to scare my wife, so I didn't do it this year.

You can see the arch on the right if you look closely.

Just follow the white paint marks...

·
Registered
324 Posts
The thing that is different out there is how much traction you get on those rocks.. it is like sandpaper...
Yep....I still have a few lingering scars of sanded places from Mtn biking days. Traction is amazing.....it slows you down quick when you fall off. :) Really hoping to get to spend some time there this spring.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Did you guys ride the entire Trifecta or did you ride back out on Poison Spider? If you turned back, you need to put it on your bucket list to ride next time. Where Eagles Dare is another great side trail on Golden Spike. When you come down off of the American Flag rock, you drop down that steep descent into the bottom of the wash. Turn left in the wash. That is the beginning of the trail. I would caution those who don't like really steep trails that this wouldn't be a good option for them. There is a point where you can look down into the canyon where the train tracks come out of the tunnel, and you can also see Corona Arch from there. I did this side trail a couple years ago in my General. Didn't want to scare my wife, so I didn't do it this year.

View attachment 1289
View attachment 1290

View attachment 1291

View attachment 1292
Our trip was interrupted when a 6 seat Viking that was with us made it up double whammy and their oil pan did not lol. So I know we made it to that point and luckily there was a keep that volunteered to pull him out. We did make it to these views
94C50A10-D2CE-433C-BB3E-CF2DDFA93154.jpeg

8549999C-DD8C-44A8-BD3E-F730B305B8B7.jpeg

·
Registered
389 Posts

View attachment 1289
View attachment 1290

View attachment 1291

View attachment 1292
We rode it all.. but we missed eagles loop due to some Jeep’s that were in front of us.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I saw that when I was watching the video. That's right where you hit that big bump near the top. The last place you want to be hitting a bump like that. 😂 That's an awesome screen grab there. Just in case anyone was wondering how it got the name the Launch Pad.
My video shows his face as he hits that bump = priceless!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Looks relatively tame, if you can put out of your mind that cliff just inches away! :oops:

41 - 60 of 74 Posts