Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Moab is an absolute blast. Been going out there at least once a year for the last 12 years. Actually met Charles Wells at the campground in October.
No need for a guided tour. If you have the Charles Wells book and a couple of good maps (I prefer the Latitude 40 maps Moab East and Moab West Moab Archives - Latitude 40° maps ) and a sense of adventure, that's all you need.
I would be more than happy to give you some trail ideas, as well as some input as to what trails to combine for a good days riding.
Thanks Bob. Any advice you can give is more than welcome!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Trashed his Jeep in 5 seconds. No thanks.
Nope, dont want any of that!
You saw how easy I went up in the KRX. With the right machine it's not difficult, but the pucker factor is still there. The Jeep video does show how steep it really is though. I wouldn't do it in my General last time I was out there. :ROFLMAO: Video just doesn't do it justice. The same is true on all videos with climbs. If 3-D video ever gets here off road videos will be epic.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
707 Posts
I wouldn't do it in my General last time I was out there.
Why? With the general behind you, saving you both time AND money should you roll over. 🤣

In all seriousness though. It looks fun as hell, and I’d do that kind of riding IF I had a machine that was purposely built to handle roll overs time after time. And, I had an unlimited budget and time to keep repairing/replacing broken parts. But I don’t have any of the above, so I’ll keep my buggy on all 4’s.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Why? With the general behind you, saving you both time AND money should you roll over. 🤣

View attachment 1208

In all seriousness though. It looks fun as hell, and I’d do that kind of riding IF I had a machine that was purposely built to handle roll overs time after time. And, I had an unlimited budget and time to keep repairing/replacing broken parts. But I don’t have any of the above, so I’ll keep my buggy on all 4’s.
LOL Wrong General...

·
Registered
2020 KRX
218 Posts
It's totally optional so no worries there. 7 Mile has some great views so I usually hit that trail when I ride Moab. Some of my favorites are Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge, Top of the World, Metal Masher & Moab Rim. We ran Cliff Hanger last trip and that one was decent but there is a couple of challenging obstacles.

·
Registered
390 Posts
This years trip in the KRX compared to previous years in the pioneer
1000-5 was waaaay more fun, comfortable and confident on all obstacles. We hold nothing back and tried all the hard shit in years past on the pioneers, but it was just more enjoyable this year having a machine that is better suited for the riding we like to do. The places I had broke or flipped or came close to death.. the KRX just eats up! Wipeout hill wasn’t even on the list of notably difficult obstacles this year.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
It's totally optional so no worries there. 7 Mile has some great views so I usually hit that trail when I ride Moab. Some of my favorites are Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge, Top of the World, Metal Masher & Moab Rim. We ran Cliff Hanger last trip and that one was decent but there is a couple of challenging obstacles.
I have run all of those trails, with the exception of Top of The World. I've ridden all of them on my atv, and three of those listed I did in the KRX this year. Things are way different out there in a side by side. The KRX takes the challenge out of practically everything, almost makes it to easy. Going to have to get the atv's back out there again.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have run all of those trails, with the exception of Top of The World. I've ridden all of them on my atv, and three of those listed I did in the KRX this year. Things are way different out there in a side by side. The KRX takes the challenge out of practically everything, almost makes it to easy. Going to have to get the atv's back out there again.
Did you do Kane’s creek, Pritchett canyon or cliffhanger on the atv’s?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
Did you do Kane’s creek, Pritchett canyon or cliffhanger on the atv’s?
I've done Kane Creek from end to end several times, and Cliffhanger once on atv's. Cliffhanger was challenging, and the upper road on the upper section of Kane creek was tough. Fortunately you have a choice on an atv. You can take the lower trail and bypass the upper jeep road. I've done it both ways, and the 50" trail is by far the better route.
There aren't a lot of trails out there that I haven't ridden, but Pritchett Canyon and Rusty Nail are a couple that I haven't done, and don't have any great desire to do.

You know right away that Cliffhanger will be challenging!

The hard way up Kane Creek (not my photo)

The 50" trail up Kane Creek

There used to be ramps and rocks here to make it a bit easier

Then back to the jeep road and traffic jams...

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have some cell video of the KRX's going up Hamburger hill? on Kanes creek... but this is the only photos of us scouting it out first

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
856 Posts
I would like to see how well the KRX handled it. Pictures just don't do justice to this hill climb. Even going down is sketchy, and the 300' vertical cliff right beside you keeps you on your toes.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I would like to see how well the KRX handled it. Pictures just don't do justice to this hill climb. Even going down is sketchy, and the 300' vertical cliff right beside you keeps you on your toes.
it handled the trail well. let me see if i can stitch them together and i'll post on here

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've done Kane Creek from end to end several times, and Cliffhanger once on atv's. Cliffhanger was challenging, and the upper road on the upper section of Kane creek was tough. Fortunately you have a choice on an atv. You can take the lower trail and bypass the upper jeep road. I've done it both ways, and the 50" trail is by far the better route.
There aren't a lot of trails out there that I haven't ridden, but Pritchett Canyon and Rusty Nail are a couple that I haven't done, and don't have any great desire to do.

You know right away that Cliffhanger will be challenging!

View attachment 1269

The hard way up Kane Creek (not my photo)

View attachment 1270

The 50" trail up Kane Creek

View attachment 1274

View attachment 1271
View attachment 1272

There used to be ramps and rocks here to make it a bit easier

View attachment 1273
View attachment 1275

Then back to the jeep road and traffic jams...

View attachment 1276

View attachment 1277
Nice...

21 - 40 of 74 Posts