Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just booked my first offroading trip to Moab! April 23 - 30. Rented a 4 bedroom home a few miles out of town with plenty of trailer parking room. Have 3 other couples going along, none of us have ever been before. I'm really looking forward to it, should be a blast!
Have already ordered a guide book and maps, debating on whether we should look into doing a guided tour or two. Any opinions on that?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
391 Posts
See if you can get anybody local from the forum to join up with you guys. There’s a few peeps on here that go there regularly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Awesome! Moab is the ultimate proving ground. If you've never tested the capabilities of your machine (or yourself, for that matter!) this place will show you what it, and you, can do.

I wouldn't worry about a guided trip, personally. Every trail and access point are so well marked you'll be fine, and with the group you described you'll have plenty of spotters and back up for the tough spots.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Moab is awesome... we might be there around the same time. Still figuring dates. But before I paid for a guided tour I’d invest in a good tablet and some maps.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moab is awesome... we might be there around the same time. Still figuring dates. But before I paid for a guided tour I’d invest in a good tablet and some maps.
Let me know your itinerary, maybe we can get together.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
152 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX
152 Posts
That would be great. Some folks we met on out last trip a few weeks ago are probably going also. Some of the trails can be challenging so it defiantly is good to have a group. You will be absolutely blown away by Moab. Where are you coming from?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Billings Montana. About 750 miles. Meeting two couples from Gilbert Arizona. I believe they both have Can am X3's
The couple coming from Billings with us have a 4 seat RZR.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
152 Posts
Billings Montana. About 750 miles. Meeting two couples from Gilbert Arizona. I believe they both have Can am X3's
The couple coming from Billings with us have a 4 seat RZR.

Nice! That's not too bad a drive from where your at. You wont be disappointed for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
I just booked my first offroading trip to Moab! April 23 - 30. Rented a 4 bedroom home a few miles out of town with plenty of trailer parking room. Have 3 other couples going along, none of us have ever been before. I'm really looking forward to it, should be a blast!
Have already ordered a guide book and maps, debating on whether we should look into doing a guided tour or two. Any opinions on that?
Moab is an absolute blast. Been going out there at least once a year for the last 12 years. Actually met Charles Wells at the campground in October.
No need for a guided tour. If you have the Charles Wells book and a couple of good maps (I prefer the Latitude 40 maps Moab East and Moab West Moab Archives - Latitude 40° maps ) and a sense of adventure, that's all you need. I would be more than happy to give you some trail ideas, as well as some input as to what trails to combine for a good days riding.
4-5 machines is about all you really want in a group. With more than that it can take all day to get one trail done. When you stop at each obstacle and wait for a large group to get through it, it can take forever.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
We are most likely going to head there April 28-May 1st.
I might have to see if we can't get out there during this time frame. It doesn't look like there are any big annual Moab events that week, so it would be a good time to go. It would be awesome to meet and ride with some of you guys. The KRX absolutely kicks ass out on the slick rock!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
Same hill, different results... Wipeout Hill on 7 Mile Rim trail. This is an optional obstacle. You don't have to do it to ride 7 Mile.
Skip ahead to the 2 minute mark

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Moab is an absolute blast. Been going out there at least once a year for the last 12 years. Actually met Charles Wells at the campground in October.
No need for a guided tour. If you have the Charles Wells book and a couple of good maps (I prefer the Latitude 40 maps Moab East and Moab West Moab Archives - Latitude 40° maps ) and a sense of adventure, that's all you need. I would be more than happy to give you some trail ideas, as well as some input as to what trails to combine for a good days riding.
4-5 machines is about all you really want in a group. With more than that it can take all day to get one trail done. When you stop at each obstacle and wait for a large group to get through it, it can take forever.
Those are indeed the books and maps I have on order. Should be here in a couple days.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts