Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 1 full season (2020) here in Moab with 8 KRX's we learned a lot.
We have 2 machines over 8,000 miles and the rest aren't far behind.
4x4 issues, clutching issues, and running issues we have experienced it all.
Last week we lost our first motor and it is believed to stem from a cooling line / clamp failure and customer drove the machine until it quit. Completely siezed.
I will be completely honest though, working on Polaris and kawasaki side by side every day these machines sure make the RZR look bad.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
That's a pretty good endorsement there. I've seen how folks ride the rentals out there, and anywhere for that matter, and they beat the crap out of them.
For a first year machine to step into that environment and perform well says a lot. I think the KRX is going to take over the two seat rental market out there. I was amazed by how well my KRX performed while I was out there. Seems to be about the perfect setup for playing on the rocks.

Welcome to the forum and look forward to hearing more about your thoughts and comparisons of the KRX to all the other machines you see on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Well after 1 full season (2020) here in Moab with 8 KRX's we learned a lot.
We have 2 machines over 8,000 miles and the rest aren't far behind.
4x4 issues, clutching issues, and running issues we have experienced it all.
Last week we lost our first motor and it is believed to stem from a cooling line / clamp failure and customer drove the machine until it quit. Completely siezed.
I will be completely honest though, working on Polaris and kawasaki side by side every day these machines sure make the RZR look bad.
Any common issues amount the group of 8 that you can call out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Any common issues amount the group of 8 that you can call out?
I wouldn't really call them issues...
Anywhere from 3,000 to 4,000 miles they all started stalling when you'd come to a complete stop. Ended up that EVERY single exhaust valve was .000
Seems that they have all stayed in spec since than too.
They are on their 2nd set of clutches and who knows how many belts.
Overall though just seems like a good tough machine compared to everything else we work on.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Anywhere from 3,000 to 4,000 miles they all started stalling when you'd come to a complete stop. Ended up that EVERY single exhaust valve was .000
They are on their 2nd set of clutches and who knows how many belts.
Overall though just seems like a good tough machine compared to everything else we work on.
Seen any factory tie rods bent up? Any other parts destroyed ? Lol. I mean you having those as rentals with that much mileage on them is a lot of data collected.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,237 Posts
Must use the same springs on the valves that they use on the suspension... LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts