Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm heading back to Moab in October. We will be there the 8th thru the 12th.
We always head out on Thursday after work and stay in Grand Junction that night. My son, daughter in law and grand daughter live there which is an added bonus. Friday morning it's up early for the 1-1/2 drive into Moab. Usually get there no later than 9 AM so that gives us a full day of riding on Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday, then head for home Tuesday. Fortunately it's only a 5-1/2 drive home.
Four full days of riding is usually plenty out there depending on your trail selection.
April, May and October are the prime riding months for Moab, with October having the most stable weather. April and May can be a little unpredictable sometimes with the spring storms that can roll in. I've been snowed on, rained on and have ridden in the upper 80's out there in the spring. October averages are 74° / 41° with 4 rain days. April is 73° / 42° with 3 rain days and May is 83° / 50° with 3 days of rain. Then it gets hot and dry. June 95° / 58°, July 100° / 65°, August 97° / 64° and September 88° / 54°. 10 total rain days for those four months. Our first ever trip to Moab in 2008 had us out there in the second week of July... Had a high of 103° all three days. Not only the sun beating down on you, but the heat from the rock below you makes it tough to enjoy your riding time.

·
Banned
503 Posts
I'm heading back to Moab in October. We will be there the 8th thru the 12th.
We always head out on Thursday after work and stay in Grand Junction that night. My son, daughter in law and grand daughter live there which is an added bonus. Friday morning it's up early for the 1-1/2 drive into Moab. Usually get there no later than 9 AM so that gives us a full day of riding on Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday, then head for home Tuesday. Fortunately it's only a 5-1/2 drive home.
Four full days of riding is usually plenty out there depending on your trail selection.
April, May and October are the prime riding months for Moab, with October having the most stable weather. April and May can be a little unpredictable sometimes with the spring storms that can roll in. I've been snowed on, rained on and have ridden in the upper 80's out there in the spring. October averages are 74° / 41° with 4 rain days. April is 73° / 42° with 3 rain days and May is 83° / 50° with 3 days of rain. Then it gets hot and dry. June 95° / 58°, July 100° / 65°, August 97° / 64° and September 88° / 54°. 10 total rain days for those four months. Our first ever trip to Moab in 2008 had us out there in the second week of July... Had a high of 103° all three days. Not only the sun beating down on you, but the heat from the rock below you makes it tough to enjoy your riding time.

View attachment 3120
We’ll be there for sure the 1-11th and probably arrive a little earlier and stay a little later, unless we head to sand hollow after.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We’ll be there for sure the 1-11th and probably arrive a little earlier and stay a little later, unless we head to sand hollow after.
Maybe we will be able to hook up for a day to ride.
Sand Hollow is on my bucket list for sure. It's just a bit of a haul. It's the playground for the Deranged Off-Road guys. Garrett has told me he would be happy to meet up out there sometime and be my tour guide.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone else is going to be out there during that time, maybe we could set up a meet and greet and do a ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.