Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One month from today (Sept. 8) I will be back in Moab. If anyone else is going to be there give me a shout out and we can hook up for some riding. Supposed to be riding with another couple, but they are still waiting on the delivery of their new RZR Pro XP 4. Ordered it in April and still waiting. They had to rent a Yamaha X2 while we were up in the Black Hills in July...
Anyhow, it would be awesome if any of you folks were out there at the same time. I'm a pretty good trail guide. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
One month from today (Sept. 8) I will be back in Moab. If anyone else is going to be there give me a shout out and we can hook up for some riding. Supposed to be riding with another couple, but they are still waiting on the delivery of their new RZR Pro XP 4. Ordered it in April and still waiting. They had to rent a Yamaha X2 while we were up in the Black Hills in July...
Anyhow, it would be awesome if any of you folks were out there at the same time. I'm a pretty good trail guide out there. :)

View attachment 4903

View attachment 4900

View attachment 4901

View attachment 4902
What trails are you going to ride? I was there in may for 20 days.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What trails are you going to ride? I was there in may for 20 days.
Probably all the usual trails we always ride. Fins-n-Things, Hells Revenge, 7 Mile Rim, Metal Masher, the Trifecta (Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Where Eagles Dare, Gold Bar Rim), and maybe some of the 3-D trails. Hope to maybe find something new/different to ride as well. There's not many trails I haven't ridden out there over the past 12 years. Can only pack so much into four days of riding. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody is going to be there? The third most popular month to ride Moab? What's up with that? Nobody believes that I'm a good guide? Trust me, we always know where the trail is... :)

Previous October trips.

·
Registered
641 Posts
:( Had a company (family)trip planned all summer to go to either north Powell, or Moab in early October. Spent big bucks on upgrades for several machines and son's wife had corporate cancel her vaca last week.......she makes too much $$$ to say no to them. I'm running low on October's. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The couple that is supposed to be going with us still doesn't know if they will have their rzr in time. Might end up being just the wife and I. Should know Thursday.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
267 Posts
Bummer, we get out there the 20th so it looks like will will miss you again this year.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like I will be cancelling the trip. One couple is not coming because their rzr still isn't in, so now my wife doesn't want to go. Their son and his wife said they are still going, but won't be out there until Saturday night. Don't think I want to go ride solo out there for two days. Just wouldn't be any fun, and really not a very safe thing to do out there. Sigh.......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Next spring we will definetly need to hit Moab. Still waiting for delivery of our new krx with so much exploring and endless riding here in south central Montana to break it in.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Looks like I will be cancelling the trip. One couple is not coming because their rzr still isn't in, so now my wife doesn't want to go. Their son and his wife said they are still going, but won't be out there until Saturday night. Don't think I want to go ride solo out there for two days. Just wouldn't be any fun, and really not a very safe thing to do out there. Sigh.......
Welcome to my world. Looking out my office window at the snow in the hi county knowing the riding is going to go away pretty quick. Getting everyone on task at the same time seems harder every year.
At least the kids have their camper parked here for the last week, and their UTV is already in the shop ready to go so we will get some local ride time in this weekend.

Next spring........man that seems a looooong way off.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Next spring we will definetly need to hit Moab. Still waiting for delivery of our new krx with so much exploring and endless riding here in south central Montana to break it in.
Yeah, it looks like it will be next spring for me as well now to get back out to Moab. Bob is not a happy camper right now....! :mad:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Shoulda been loading up next Monday for a Tuesday to Tuesday to the Ticaboo area. Bought a bunch of stuff I didn't have to for the trip. Got a house/critter sitter on line, had a house reserved, ordered radios for the machines that didn't have them, spent a $hit load on fox shocks for my Pioneer, and "someone's" boss said nooooooo. She gets too well paid to say no. Next spring will be super good!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to my world. Looking out my office window at the snow in the hi county knowing the riding is going to go away pretty quick. Getting everyone on task at the same time seems harder every year.
At least the kids have their camper parked here for the last week, and their UTV is already in the shop ready to go so we will get some local ride time in this weekend.

Next spring........man that seems a looooong way off.
Well when we pick up our new krx next week there is endless riding here so there will be break in real quick and off to local mountains before too much snow.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The on again, off again saga continues. My brother said he would like to go to Moab with me. Cool. Got everything set to go. This morning I get a message from the son and his wife. They have decided not to go now....... o_O This is making my head hurt. I leave this Thursday PM after work to head over that way. Still planning on going, but at this point, who knows what other wrench could get thrown into the works.
And as a side note, OKRV Park in Moab has a 21 day cancellation policy on their cabins. Found that out Saturday morning when I called to cancel. When they told me that I wouldn't get any of my $290 back, I said never mind, don't cancel my reservation. No way they keep my money and then rent the cabin out to someone else for the same days. Figured to just let it sit empty. Turns out that plan worked out in my favor since it was Saturday afternoon when my brother said he would go. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm about to close the book on this disaster of a trip. The latest chapter goes like this. Got a message from my brother this morning that one of his dogs is extremely sick and may not survive. Supposed to be leaving tomorrow after work, but this will be the end of the trip if he is unable to go. He is supposed to let me know around mid-day what his status is. One machine is bad enough. One machine and one person ain't happening. I think someone is trying to tell me not to go....

·
Registered
641 Posts
LOL......at least I got some seat time in this morning. Of course it started to rain as soon as I drove out of the shop. Driving in rain/snow/cold >no driving. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
LOL......at least I got some seat time in this morning. Of course it started to rain as soon as I drove out of the shop. Driving in rain/snow/cold >no driving. :) View attachment 5368
The wife and i are just itching for the call they have our new ride ready. It’s been a killer 3 weeks or so without a utv 🤪. Plus this will be a whole new level of fun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The book is closed, the story is over. Trip is officially cancelled. :mad:
Sorry to hear that. We are still waiting for dealer to recieve one accessory and install before we want to make the trip to take delivery. Might not be picking it up til next week now. And the weather here is rain and snow for next week.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts