Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven days until it's Moab time. Can't wait to get the KRX out on the slick rock. That seems to be the terrain it was designed for, and I have high expectations. My General did great out there, the KRX should be even better.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All loaded up and ready to head out!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The KRX is the king of Moab. Just point it where you want to go, and it just does it with ease. Pretty much takes the challenge out of Moab riding. Never seen anything quite like it how it crawls up just about anything, barely having to give it any throttle and no worries about burning the belt. My buddies RZR 4 lost a wheel after the four wheel studs broke off (rode with loose lugs nuts for a while apparently) and pretty much used up his belt.
The KRX suffered only a ding in the front bumper after dropping down off of a step (about 2-1/2' or so) a little too quick, and hit a rock at the bottom.
I will attach a link to my pictures and videos. Click on them for full screen viewing.

Moab memories

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Looks like a blast!
I'm in the planning stages for a trip there in the spring.
If you need any trail suggestions, let me know. I've been going out there for the last twelve years and there are not a lot of trails that I haven't ridden.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
82 Posts
I forgot to mention. While in the campground working on my buddies RZR, we had a gentleman walk up and start talking to us. Turns out it was the one and only Charles Wells! He is the Funtreks author of my Moab bible. :) I never ride out there without it and my Latitude 40 maps.

Guide to Moab Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trials
Good info! It looks like the maps over lap. Do the east and west maps cover everything, or do you recommend getting the classic as well?

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you need any trail suggestions, let me know. I've been going out there for the last twelve years and there are not a lot of trails that I haven't ridden.
Appreciate that Bob ! I'll definitely take you up on that!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info! It looks like the maps over lap. Do the east and west maps cover everything, or do you recommend getting the classic as well?
I believe I have all three. They are excellent maps, great detail with pretty much every trail and track on them.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
76 Posts
Looks like a great time Bob! We are heading back in two weeks. We should try to get a forum group ride planned sometime for next year.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like a great time Bob! We are heading back in two weeks. We should try to get a forum group ride planned sometime for next year.
That would be fun for sure. We are hoping to get back out there next April or May. (I might even have my new knuckles and a-arms by then...😂😂) If/when I can firm up the date, I will post it up here on the forum and see if maybe we can get some members to join in.
I think the KRX is soon going to dominate the 2 seat rentals in Moab. Saw a bunch of them on the trails and sitting at the rental places. Polaris is still king of the four seaters out there, but Polaris has to figure out how to keep their machines from leaking gas and burning to the ground. I just received a stop ride notice from Polaris for my '18 General I had because of a potential fuel leak/fire risk. This has been plaguing the RZR's for several years as well. They also have just issued a stop ride notice for '20-'21 RZR's now because of transmission problems. Quantity over quality is going to take them down if they don't get their act together soon.
Anyhow, I got a little off the rails there. That whole discussion is it's own thread topic. We'll keep this thread on Moab! (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts